The England Thread

Pilko

Townsend has been pretty shit since last international's in October, Spurs fans crying for him to be benched.

Has truly believed his hype and refuses to pass.

Should get back on the bench once Walcott is fit. Twice the player with much more game intelligence.

I thought Townsend was our most dangerous player. Was always driving us forward and pushing the Germans back. Without him we would have looked even more toothless. He even nearly scored with that shot that hit the post.

It was sort of a decent performance by us, we kept the ball and used it well... until the final third. Then we really run out of ideas or stick in crosses to positions where we have no players. Germans seem to have us sussed in and around the their box. We missed Baines delivery.

Townsend was class. Showed no fear. This 'doesn't pass' shit winds me up. He was getting shots away while the rest of the useless bastards would fanny about around the box and lose it. He was hitting the byline while others would turn and pass it back. Wasn't perfect but at least he showed some energy and spontaneity - something we desperately lack.

Townsend was class. Showed no fear. This 'doesn't pass' s*** winds me up. He was getting shots away while the rest of the useless b******s would fanny about around the box and lose it. He was hitting the byline while others would turn and pass it back. Wasn't perfect but at least he showed some energy and spontaneity - something we desperately lack.

From what I'm reading from you England fans, Townsend seems a bit like McGeady for Ireland. Loses the ball a lot but in the end is actually the only creative threat in the team (bar Rooney for England obviously)

England played ok tonight but that emphasized how big the gap is with teams like Germany.

Germany didn't play well, and we had quite a lot of the ball yet they always looked comfortable and were never stretched or lost their shape. We didn't look like we had a clue how to break them down.

On the other hand, Germany opened us up a few times. Not much, but they looked like they had much more of a cutting edge.

FWIW, I think Barkley could be great.

Townsend is far better at taking people on and shooting from distance. Walcott is far better at making intelligent runs and clinical finishing.

Problem with Walcott is he is incredibly frustrating at being a winger, yet too light weight and various other things to play as an out and out striker.

Always thought Walcott would eventually develop into a class striker but it's not really happened. Signs of it last season but then Arsenal put him straight back on the wing once he signed his new contract :)

Townsend has a lot of raw talent but still has a lot to learn. But I think his style of play will make him a far better "winger" than Walcott eventually. 

What was with Kyle Walker playing about 6 slow paced, underhit, absolute hospital passes into central midfield? Like he wanted Cleverly and Gerrard hurt at times.

Well then, maybe Walker isn't as dumb as he looks.

Hah, thought that while I was typing it. But seriously, I'm a terrible player and that sort of shit never even crosses my mind. Did consider however that maybe Townsend wasn't offering him much down the line, but why wouldn't he turn around in that instance? Absolute idiot that lad.

Guest neesy111

Didn't think we played that badly last night, just a few bad decisions because quite a lot of our players are thick as shit.

Agreed, was a decent performance verus a very good team.

Didn't think we played that badly last night, just a few bad decisions because quite a lot of our players are thick as shit.

Agreed, was a decent performance verus a very good team.

didn't see it, don't care, but after germany stroll to victory on our home turf you'd think it might be wise for people to muster up a bit of a fire to try and trigger some change within the game...the whole thing stinks foul from top to bottom

wasn't that 2 games on the bounce lost for XX years at home, booed off 2 games on the bounce and so on

things need to change man, game needs ripping up from top to bottom, possibly starting with not paying these little shitbags millions of pounds after 1 first team appearance for their club...was reading about the wisdom character the other day writing off his 100,000 quid car :lol:

massive part of what's wrong with the english game right there