The England Thread

Pilko

What happens if Pirlo doesn't play DM?

Another good point. Italy haven't played a set system or group of players once in the last 12 months. You can't predict how they will line-up. Thats why we need to focus on our own game and not the opposition's.

What happens if Pirlo doesn't play DM?

Another good point. Italy haven't played a set system or group of players once in the last 12 months. You can't predict how they will line-up. Thats why we need to focus on our own game and not the opposition's.

:pardsbeard:

Pirlo is an all time great player but I've got to say - if true - that sums up where England's mentality is all wrong. We should be imposing ourselves on the game and trying to win, using the direct attacking players we've got and not using a workhorse to attempt to marginalise their key player.

:thup:

Guest TruToon94

Well the friendlies have been abysmal and if there was any justice in the world Rooney wouldn't be in the starting line up. Don't care how good he is at club level he is one of the worst international players I've ever seen at the tournament level. Especially up front. Shit attitude as well. To think he could become our top goalscorer when all he does is score against tiny shitty nations in the qualifiers and maybe one or two in a friendly is a joke.

It's been ten years, I'm tired of this, "he'll do something this tournament" he won't and never will. Maybe it's because Pardew pisses me off so much but sick of this English view of, "let's just chuck our best players who change the match" on for the last thirty minutes. No successful club only sticks the better performing players on for half an hour. Not Barcelona bringing Messi on for half an hour, not Real Madrid with Ronaldo for half an hour. So ludicrous. Again this is probably due to Pardew ruining Ben Arfa by doing this.

Would be really looking forward to this WC with the utmost faith in the lads if it weren't for Rooney's guaranteed starting position no matter what.

Guest TruToon94

So you wouldn't start Rooney because you're totally against the idea of bringing the best players off the bench?

I wouldn't have Rooney in the team because for ten years he's been consistently shit at every tournament.