Obafemi Martins joins Wolfsburg for £9m

Guest Geordiesned

£9m is decent business.

You bought him for £10m right? Since then he's flattered to deceive imo.

You're right mostly and as I said above he had to go - but it's decent business for who? We are in a different place to virtually every other club right now. Rejoicing over transfer fees went out the window in the aftermath of the Milner / Villa deal tbh.

Some stone cold reality sets in finally. The truth is we are weaker than before. Hopefully if the club is sold, someone like Beckford will be brought in assuming Shearer is put in charge.

Guest Heneage

At the end of the day its 90k off the wage bill and 5m in the transfer chest. While I liked oba players like him needed stripping we are like an english benfica paying big money for old hype players like Duff Nolan Viduka Owen Smith players that were not wanted by their clubs and hadn't done much of note in the season previous to their arrival

At the end of the day its 90k off the wage bill and 5m in the transfer chest. While I liked oba players like him needed stripping we are like an english benfica paying big money for old hype players like Duff Nolan Viduka Owen Smith players that were not wanted by their clubs and hadn't done much of note in the season previous to their arrival

Eh? How does that work? It's a £9m fee and most of us are fairly certain that the princely sum of £0 will go into the transfer chest.

Guest Roger Kint

Eh? How does that work? It's a £9m fee and most of us are fairly certain that the princely sum of £0 will go into the transfer chest.

Nor is it £90k off the wages :kasper:

Guest BigTrev

biggest problem is that we probably still owe inter some money for him

A mill loss is fuk all considering out position, good fee, and surely a massive sign were getting close to being sold.

:celb:

Would love it if you're right. We haven't had a false dawn for, what,  3 days now.....

A mill loss is fuk all considering out position, good fee, and surely a massive sign were getting close to being sold.

:celb:

Would love it if you're right. We haven't had a false dawn for, what,  3 days now.....

:lol:

Too true, been far too long without getting our hopes up.

Fuk i'm going to, sick of being depressed as fuk about all this. I'm going to dream until the Oracle man denies us in tomorrows financial times while the landaarn media can have a good ole cockney knees up at our expense.

Rince & repeat etc etc...

It'll be interesting to see what happens with the other players who want out (Beye, Bassong, Coloccini for a start), considering they've all claimed previously that there was nobody to speak with.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Oba's agent will probably suddenly have a lot of new clients, strangely all from Newcastle, if this deal goes through. ITV will even set up a TV show

"I'm a Toon Player, get me outta here!"

Jose Enrique is odds on to get it on with Jordan... or Colo.

IS IT? :dowie:

so, who will get the #9 shirt?

Carroll would be my favourite who is here atm to get it. Would really galvanise him before the start of the season.

he's absolutely hopless man

I disagree. Not the best but excellent in the air. Two fantastic headed goals and caused Hangeland massive problems in the air against Fulham including almost setting up a goal.

It's clear this will trigger movement on all fronts...This is pretty much the biggest asset we could have sold. Either the new owner is making the decisions or Ashley has entered the game properly and is making judgment calls that will be substantial. Excited. Gather up you lucky charms and hold tight.