Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

What do people think - should we leave him in goal or should Harper come back as Nr. 1 once he's fit again?

have to say i was all for Krul being number 1 but seeing Krul in a run of premiership games he is not ready for it yet IMO , his kicking with his right foot needs a lot of work.

Hes not done a lot wrong and made no howlers but id like to see him get a loan run somewere but cant see that happening this season.

I hate Harper but to say krul has made no howlers is being a bit generous mind.

He didn't cover himself in glory for Wigans goals last week and last night was too busy waving at the linesman appealing for offside rather than attempting to either cut out the cross to Cole or attempting to save from Cole.

He was all over the shop in the 1st 20 minutes last night but settled down a bit and did command his area pretty well.

Couldn't really judge his 2nd half performance as we were so on top i honestly can't remember him even touching the ball in the 2nd half.

I argued this with people at the time but should Krul have come out for the first goal? I felt he done the right thing considering there were 2 defenders already attempting to cover the opponents.

What do people think - should we leave him in goal or should Harper come back as Nr. 1 once he's fit again?

have to say i was all for Krul being number 1 but seeing Krul in a run of premiership games he is not ready for it yet IMO , his kicking with his right foot needs a lot of work.

Hes not done a lot wrong and made no howlers but id like to see him get a loan run somewere but cant see that happening this season.

He didn't cover himself in glory for Wigans goals last week and last night was too busy waving at the linesman appealing for offside rather than attempting to either cut out the cross to Cole or attempting to save from Cole.

He was all over the shop in the 1st 20 minutes last night but settled down a bit and did command his area pretty well.

Couldn't really judge his 2nd half performance as we were so on top i honestly can't remember him even touching the ball in the 2nd half.

I argued this with people at the time but should Krul have come out for the first goal? I felt he done the right thing considering there were 2 defenders already attempting to cover the opponents.

Which one? Wigan? If so then yes i think he should.

No mate, Cole's goal yesterday.

It would have been nice yesterday if he'd actually made an attempt to do something for their goal rather than just wave at the linesman appealing for offside. he stopped playing, he should have at least attempted to cut out the cross to Cole.

Collocinni and Jose didn't cover themselves in glory tracking Cole back (collocinni just ambled back) but i thought Krul should have played to the whistle and at least tried to do something about the situation.

It would have been nice yesterday if he'd actually made an attempt to do something for their goal rather than just wave at the linesman appealing for offside. he stopped playing, he should have at least attempted to cut out the cross to Cole.

Collocinni and Jose didn't cover themselves in glory tracking Cole back (collocinni just ambled back) but i thought Krul should have played to the whistle and at least tried to do something about the situation.

Dont really agree with that cos if he was off his line and Piquionne shot went in the near post then he would have been blasted (and rightly so)

The first goal was the defenders fault

Dont really agree with that cos if he was off his line and Piquionne shot went in the near post then he would have been blasted (and rightly so)

The first goal was the defenders fault

I'm not saying it wasn't, but Krul stopped and appealed rather than played to the whistle and if he'd not done that he may have either cut out the criss or saved the shot.

I thought Hughton already said Harper would regain is first team spot as soon as he's fit?

I don't remember that at all, and it doesn't sound like CH. He's pretty good at picking on merit - we might not agree with him, but he's not afraid of a tricky decision.

I thought Hughton already said Harper would regain is first team spot as soon as he's fit?

I don't remember that at all, and it doesn't sound like CH. He's pretty good at picking on merit - we might not agree with him, but he's not afraid of a tricky decision.

I remember seeing it, will try and find it.

It's tough on Harper but I'm loving the fact that Krul is getting a chance to play and get the experience that he is always mentioned as not having.  What's the point having promising youngsters if you never give them the opportunity to make the next step up. Might as well not have Krul if he is never going to have the chance to make the next step.

I trust CH to let Krul gain experience from the game while Harper is out, and then decide what's best for Newcastle (both rest of this season and looking forward).

There's been the odd rick, but I don't think he's made any more errors than Harper would have done in the same period. As the younger player who's improving with each game, he should definitely keep his place.

He does have very good relexes and can get down to shots very quickly.

There's been the odd rick, but I don't think he's made any more errors than Harper would have done in the same period. As the younger player who's improving with each game, he should definitely keep his place.

He does have very good relexes and can get down to shots very quickly.

Aye. His kicking is fantastic as well.

As one who has been pleading his case I have to admit I am a little bit disappointed in all fairness. He is more prone to errors than I expected him to be at this stage of his development. I am not sure he has really staked his claim for the No. 1 shirt that well, but I will trust Hughton's wisdom to decide who finishes this season and starts next season as our number 1 goalkeeper. It seems our goalkeeping department is solid at the moment, but not packed with talent as I liked to believe; hopefully Tim or Fraser can develop into top class goalkeepers, but for now none of our goalkeepers is anywhere near Given's level...