Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

being better than Henderson is hardly the greatest way to say he deserves to be in there, plenty of players are better than Henderson.

Also toon25 bravo on your updating avatar :clap:

Merci!

And I agree on your point by the way. I'm just still seething at the fact Henderson is in there at all.

Guest Chubby Jason

He wasn't better than Henderson last season, he was possibly the worst CM in the league.

Daniel Taylor giving the stats, Roy H providing the banter:

Joey Barton has either an understated sense of humour or is in danger of

becoming a parody of himself. Sadly, I fear the latter. "On ability I walk in the squad," he informed his Twitter following. Which, if nothing else, has caused a certain amount of amusement for the players who are actually here.

Perhaps Roy Hodgson paid too much notice to that pesky statistic that Barton made more inaccurate passes, 490, in the opposition half than any other Premier League player last season. Or maybe the England manager noted Barton's pass-completion rate was 74.94% - 49th out of 54 English midfielders.

"I shouldn't really be surprised," Hodgson told me. "At the moment it's

about Rio Ferdinand. Maybe if Joey Barton had a bigger following, we'd be debating that next week."

And then he smiled. "I'm not convinced his following will give me the same grief ..."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2012/jun/10/football-dark-side-euro-2012

I would have liked Barton to have had a cap during his last season for us as I think he had a fairly decent time on that right hand side of midfield. If he did well in an England game maybe more could have followed. Fact is he didn't get that chance and since then he's gone to QPR and from what I saw of his season there he was mostly poor to average. Given that he was one of their more expensive players for wages, you would have to expect much more from him. He had his odd moment and had his odd goal, but was slow and gave the ball away a lot. His most recent comments about not getting in the England team make him look like a massive joke.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bimpy474

Brick Top ‏@TheRealBrickTop

@Joey7Barton No. But the tough guy face, the queer shorts and bastard pikey vest are absolutely abysmal. Much like your career.

:laugh:

Guest Mackem Logic

QPR to release a statement soon on Barton's future.

Is this related to the incident at Man City (and subsequent ban), or the Nightclub arrest, or basically the culmination of both because he's a f'king nutter?

QPR to release a statement soon on Barton's future.

Is this related to the incident at Man City (and subsequent ban), or the Nightclub arrest, or basically the culmination of both because he's a f'king nutter?

No idea but at a guess its both