Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Have to say, as much as I'm (still) a fan of Joey, he just should shut up his time. He didn't start an agenda for technology in the game after the Gervinho incident, did he? That joke isn't funny anymore....

Fair enough if his club try to appeal the red card but the 'no further comment will be made' should be not only for the club, but also for him.

Finally seen the incident. A harsh red card imo.

There was a little bit of contact though so I guess as is the rules these days, any sort of contact on a player off the ball is deemed as "violent conduct". :undecided:

What happens on a pitch stays on the pitch, unless it's blatant assault. Joey Barton does fuck all other than be unprofessional here. He maybe shouldn't have it recinded but the FA should retrospectively book the other players. If they say they can't because the referee seen them challenges and did nowt, then QPR should just say he didn't see the 'head-butt' but he got sent off.

Wouldn't get them anywhere like, but it would be true.

Player initiating head to head contact has to get a red card. With his assault record I'm surprised the Met aren't having a look.

Really think clubs should have more to lose if they make appeals like this - say double or quits

:thup: He wants to square up to a player, he should know the consequences. Although heza makes a good point. If only the FA weren't so scared of touching stuff and ditched that 'the ref saw it, we can't do a thing' rule, and would be willing to retrospectively punish those that were involved. It's a joke that they hide behind that bullshit.