Danny Guthrie

Jordan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest gasusoca

Out with calf injury for 3-4 weeks. Having scan on Tuesday.

NUFC have not even made him an offer yet but other Premiership clubs have.........................

NUFC have not even made him an offer yet but other Premiership clubs have.........................

:'( Did AP confirm this?

Real shame that, as he looked quality in a midfield 3.  Also not sure who will now play left back against Swansea.

Santon is very attack minded and not sure AP trusts him yet, R.Taylor will get murdered with no support from Jonas and Ferguson has barely played this season. 

Hope he sticks with the 4-3-3 and doesn't revert to 4-4-2 due to injured players.

shame. But I see no reason to not play Jonas instead of him and then play Santon LB. Looking at Jonas performance yesterday I would not worry too much with Santon.

shame. But I see no reason to not play Jonas instead of him and then play Santon LB. Looking at Jonas performance yesterday I would not worry too much with Santon.

Yep, Jonas struggled positionally at times, Santon should be at least as good.

Bollocks. :lol: Other PL clubs aren't even allowed to talk to him until his contract's up.

Bollocks. :lol: Other PL clubs aren't even allowed to talk to him until his contract's up.

If his contract expires this summer then he's been able to talk to other clubs since January 1st AFAIAA.

If his contract expires this summer then he's been able to talk to other clubs since January 1st AFAIAA.

Clubs outside of England?

Clubs outside of England?

I dunno, i understood it to be that you could make a pre contract agreement with anyone come 1st January of the year your contract expired.

Guest gasusoca

He is allowed and has been......................mark my words.

From 1 Jan onwards in last year of your contract you can do what you like.

Also if dont sign with someone until Aug then club has to pay you for July, remember a certain M Owen??

If we make the UEFA Cup then it's pretty essential we keep hold of the likes of Guthrie, especially since we are losing Tiote to the African Cup of Nations next year (if he hasn't gone already.....) 

As long as we don't take the piss with the offer then I can see him staying as well, as I can't see the likes of the (current) top 5 coming in for him. Everton maybe.

I thought he was our best player yesterday, great passing, composure and very good pressuring, didn't pùt a foot wrong. Shame that he gets injured but Jonas should cover equally as good.

Also if dont sign with someone until Aug then club has to pay you for July, remember a certain M Owen??

No, no you can't. :lol: You can talk to overseas clubs from 1st Jan, yes, but he cannot talk to any Premier League club until his contract's up.

Guest MrSundlofer

But only with foreign clubs, not English clubs... right?

I am sure that clubs can offer a contract, but surely the agent can talk to whoever he wants and develop an idea of what clubs are going to pursue his client at the end of the season.

Exactly. Very naive to think otherwise.