Newcastle United 1 - 0 Leicester City - 31/08/09 - post match reaction from p22

JH

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

was tonight's performance typical of Barton? Clearly not

Yes. Can't tackle, can't pass, weak as a kitten. Volatile as f***. Worth every penny of £60k a week.

you're being a stupid idiot.

Great counter argument. Well put.

I consider myself well and truly telt.

was tonight's performance typical of Barton? Clearly not

Yes. Can't tackle, can't pass, weak as a kitten. Volatile as f***. Worth every penny of £60k a week.

you're being a stupid idiot.

Great counter argument. Well put.

I consider myself well and truly telt.

you got owned mate.

Quailman made a good point about some of Barton's mis-placed passes, which were noticeably ones which were attempting to split their defence or add some creativity.

Think his attitude did look a bit odd in the first half though.

Agree. He was a bit over ambitious today, which resulted in him looking absolute shite. He's a better player than what he showed today, and we all know (or should know) that. The through ball for Guthrie when he was offside was lush.

Thought Ranger did OK tonight but nothing special. He held it up pretty well but his timing for his jumps were pretty poor and someone needs to teach him how to play as a lone striker - he wandered off down each wing too much and dropped too deep at times, meaning we ended up with no target.

I think he's a decent prospect but he has a lot to learn.

Went lurking on the Leicester City boards, no mention of Nile Ranger but they have taken notice of Enrique.

Yeah have to say, even though he wasn't at his own best today, he's a class above the rest in my opinion. Love the way he can just win the ball in the corner and he'll use his strength to just ride the ball up the pitch and out of danger.

I thought Nolan did well tonight - supported Ranger and got forward plenty. Could still do with losing some weight though, IMO.

Has improved massively since he got given that advanced role. He just doesn't have the stamina for midfield, but in the advanced position he has the strength, passing and shooting to make things happen at this level.

Not the best performance but a win's a win. Don't think the conditions suited us at all as well. Nice goal and decent performance from Guthrie which was good to see, keeping Butt firmly down the pecking order. Ranger played well seemed quick and strong and will hopefully look more of a goal threat in a 442 alongside a proper striker. Good shiz overall. Top of the league. :fwap:

:lol:

NUFC Blog headline: "Brilliant Magpies get win in classic."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Have you read it? :laugh:

Before going much further this was a game that looked like it was in the Premier League as both sides played some lovely attractive football...

And it took world class save from Steve Harper after 21 minutes...

As the TV commentator said – that was a Shay Given type world class save, and there’s no better compliment than that.

If this performance doesn’t inspire Ashley to help out Chris Hughton, nothing will.

Excitable chaps aren't they?

Guest Stephen927

REALLY

I think Kaizero created it and I got a request one day to be an administrator on it. Never post anything on it, had forgotten all about it until it was posted in here.

I saw a few Fizzy-Pop games last season and I must say I think the standard has dropped.. if we can keep a squad we should walk this league. Last season struck me as 100 miles an hour with total commitment and a lack of finesse.. tonights game saw at a stroll ( by the opposition), gave away midfield/2nd phase ball and similar lack of finessel. Refereeing/linesmanshit is even worse than the Prem.... a fugging disgrace given the money in the game.

Seen enough to make me believe you'll be be back in the Premier League next season.

A good Newcastle team is far better for the league than Bolton, Hull, Wolves, Stoke etc etc anyway.

You do have a propensity for half witted nonsensical clap trap, usually as result of third hand observarions that very few of give a toss about. Please dont't be so condescending though, thats my job.

I never noticed Simpson hardly in this game, therefore he did well. Always a good sign from a CB when they go unnoticed. Apart from that slip in first-half stoppage time he was quietly good.

Enrique needs to fucking learn to pass, then he'd be Premier League top half quality

Guest The_Scoreboard

Went lurking on the Leicester City boards, no mention of Nile Ranger but they have taken notice of Enrique.

thought he was fantastic tonight, gets the ball and plays off it so well and if he can't then boots it up the wing. as for nile I thought he struggled first half but as game progressed he got better and seemed to take on defenders a lot more. hopefully with a few more games he will gain in confidence and start taking shots and banging them in. O0

I'm lovin it :celb: