Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

Guest The Little Waster

When he talked about Charnely not being able to ignore " us " he really meant himself didnt he ?

Guest godzilla

This bloke saying he’s not walking away. Everything is f***ing pointless.

Said my point about this gobshite on another thread and had some saying I should be getting behind him. The bloke is only interested in one thing and that's himself.

Guest chopey

That's his view and it's totally fine but he can't complain about the running of the club anymore, his views are no longer relevant and any grievance he has cannot be presented either on social media or on his soap box because by putting money in Ashley's pocket it's an approval of his running of the club.

It was way worse in my day. I used to stand knee deep in piss and watch Billy Whitehurst. I've seen it much than you flakey young folk. I wear this as a badge of honour and it defines me as being a better fan than you, I'll never stop giving my money to Mike Ashley.

(I also need to keep going to keep my business associates in the loop and make contacts btw)

Guest chopey

I wonder what the going rate is for a sell out these days ?..........................................(sounds like a free season ticket for some will do it)

The problem is if a guy like that has so many followers you can't just force him out, or you run the risk of fracturing the movement. As with everything the solution is knowledge, facts. Drip, drip the truth.

So whenever the opportunity presents itself, someone who speaks well and knows the facts, orates. (ie: Ashley has never put his own money into the club, ever). Once his followers are more knowledgable about facts it is easier to marginalise him.

Snag is people who are ignorant tend to be that way because their heads spin when presented with too many facts, rhetoric wins out every time as its the simpler option. Wraith, and those like him, know this; instinctively if not intellectually.