Are you really going to make a stand?

Guest toonlass
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's surely pretty clear that they aren't calling him an actual rapist isn't it?

Couldn't be more obvious.

So why is it being banged on about as if it isn't obvious?

Are you new here? Look at who is doing the posting ffs.

That last bit is exactly what I said you'd say at the top of the page. :lol:

The banner was offensive so as to cause trouble and then when attempts to remove it are made it's the stewards who are at fault. Priceless. :lol:

I know the stewards are appalling, but if it had been the police, you'd be levelling exactly the same accusation at them.

How was it to cause trouble? I held onto it after the match, and at that point the only thing going through my mind was protesting, not getting shoved around by some middle aged pricks. The only reason the banner was lost in the end was due to the police. Once they came up there was no chance of keeping it. Would they have came if the stewards hadn't? Your guess is as good as mine, although they didn't seem at all arsed until it started kicking off with the stewards.

You've said yourself it got the reaction even you anticipated when you saw it. :dontknow:

Slagging off Sports Direct is quite a good way of getting at him I reckon, seeing as it warns off potential stadium sponsors and fucks about with his using the club as a vehicle to shove his brand down everyone's throats at every opportunity.

Perhaps some banners hinting at the dodgy working conditions of the poor fuckers who make the ultra-cheap sportswear he flogs?  Or the fact that Lonsdale has been adopted as the uniform of dutch neo-nazis?

People who think that the banner was implying that Ashley was an actual rapist are possibly the thickest, dumbest and stupidest people I have ever come accross.

Has the banner made people talk? Yes.

Has it shown the passion running around NUFC? Yes.

Has it therefore fulfilled its purpose? Yes.

So many people on here want things to change but don't want to do anything about it themselves. They then have the audacity to have a pop at people who are trying.

I despair at elements of our support, I really do.

Yesterday's atmosphere was perfect - support for the team until the game was won, then anti-Ashley sentiment afterwards.

If you disagree with the protesting, make your own banner.

'Mike Ashley - rotund southern gentleman' or something.

People who think that the banner was implying that Ashley was an actual rapist are possibly the thickest, dumbest and stupidest people I have ever come accross.

So many people on here want things to change but don't want to do anything about it themselves. They then have the audacity to have a pop at people who are trying.

Yesterday's atmosphere was perfect - support for the team until the game was won, then anti-Ashley sentiment afterwards.

who says they took it that it actually meant that. it's still mindless abuse thatisn't going to work and doesn't show nufc fans in a good light.

a banner asking "what happened to the 100mill plus bids" would have been more likely to be picked up by the press. they ay even have worked with it.

"round southern gentleman" means basically all you want to do is call him names.

who says they took it that it actually meant that. it's still mindless abuse thatisn't going to work and doesn't show nufc fans in a good light.

a banner asking "what happened to the 100mill plus bids" would have been more likely to be picked up by the press. they ay even have worked with it.

"round southern gentleman" means basically all you want to do is call him names.

Alright then, what about "Mike Ashley - he has bullshitted to the fans since he arrived but I don't want to call him nasty names"

Ah s***, I bought from them aswell, didn't really realise at the time I was f***ing starving.

I noticed these as well and will keep well clear of them. Stand up for the little man. They have steak sandwiches for nearly £5 FFS.

Alright then, what about "Mike Ashley - he has bullshitted to the fans since he arrived but I don't want to call him nasty names"

don't need the bit from "but" onwards.

The Little Chef burger vans owned by Harry and Susan Orange have been serving up fare across the street from St James’ Park for longer than many of the younger United fans can remember.

Is that the same Harry Orange that used to be a Newcastle hardman/gangster type who sent gofers round the city centre selling cheap nik naks?

My two penneth time.  Obviously my affinity towards Crofty's opinions are of the same ilk, saying that we sit/stand next to each other but I honestly can't believe what some of our 'supporters' say at times.  Bewildering.

Anyhow, here's my take.

The atmosphere yesterday was spot on, infinite support for the team and the players, mixed with vitriol and hatred directed at the stewardship and owner of our sacred club.  I honestly despair at some people complaining about the songs during the game.  At the end of the day Ashley isn't going to hear them in frigging Hartfordshire or wherever the fuck he flys in from so at the match is where this must happen.

As always, the rest of the ground (sparing a few moments) was muted and quite sedate.  I have to say I expected more.  Then again, as mentioned previously our support and country tends to now have a 'complain and then do fuck all about it' mentality these days.

The banner.  Cringe worthy in its wording, unnecessarily so with the use of 'rape' in its sentiment and quite possibly offensive to those who know people who have been raped.  However, the more I think about this, the more I agree with it.

Mike Ashley is literally raping the history, the status and the area in what he has done and continues to do to OUR club.

Yes, some of our more vocal anti-Ashley protests came from the 'Charva' element.  However as long as they aren't causing mischief, we are a United front.  Perhaps they are just more 'up for it' in making voice and opinions heard.  Myself...I'm happy to protest in singing, and in any other way that abides by the law.

And on this note, the Stewarding today was absolutely disgraceful.  Baring in mind we are supposed to live in a country where we have a right to freedom of speech and to voice our opinions.  The banner in the Gallowgate being removed, along with its creator is just a long line of overzealous stewards.  The lads in L7 Corner last night, around 12/13 years or age or so, had to be protected by middle aged men when the steward steamed in and chucked a few of the youngins around trying to get 'the banner'.  It ended up in a massive tug of war (which was quite hilarious all the same) between mags and stewards until the old bill turned up.  Its not the first time we have seen stewards(bouncers) act all twattish and get above their station.  I expect a higher amount of stewards in L7 next game and more coppers.  We'll more than likely be forced to sit down next game.

In summary, no one should have a pop at anyone trying to do their bit as long as it doesn't impact others or isn't illegal.

I think it's about time for less talk, more walk.

The mans a cunt, and everyone should be United in getting this prick on his away as soon as possible.  He shouldn't feel comfortable sitting in 'his' seat in SJP.  He shouldn't be allowed to think that he can get away with taking the piss out of the fans, region and history.

Get out of our club!

Nobody thinks that it was meant to be calling him actual rapist man.

It was just childish and pathetic and low, and if that's the best fans have got to offer then we're in for a few weeks of embarassment.

It makes Mike Ashley the bigger man ffs because he hasn't resorted to name-calling and childish insults - hardly the result people wanted!

"They then have the audacity to have a pop at people who are trying."

They called him a fucking rapist! :lol: How do you expect some people to react? "Ohh well done. Noone saw that one coming, I'd imagine Ashley will be packing his bags as we speak"

Nobody thinks that it was meant to be calling him actual rapist man.

It was just childish and pathetic and low, and if that's the best fans have got to offer then we're in for a few weeks of embarassment.

It makes Mike Ashley the bigger man ffs because he hasn't resorted to name-calling and childish insults - hardly the result people wanted!

:thup:

The banner is cringweworthy and stupid. Whatever it meant the wording is stupid. You cant just accuse him of being a "a rapist". IU appreciate the intentions of the banner being about him "raping the club" but if that was the case then they should have worded the banner differently, maybe about him raping the club.

Beielve me I'm all for banners displaying of displeasure, but that banner is stupid.

Is it that hard to come up with a banner which actually has something coherent on it? The banner served absolutely no purpose whatsoever. If you put something on the banner that implies that the fans are the victims then maybe you'll achieve something. How about "Invest" - lots of them.