The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What you want is a level of consistency. We are what we are. We are capable with what we have in the team of scoring goals. The teams who become the most consistent will be in the top six or seven. We said there will be ups and downs. Did we think we’d be a top-eight team? No we didn’t. So along with that comes the ups and downs. Part of that means we have to pick ourselves up from a very bad day at the office.

What you want is a level of consistency. We are what we are. We are capable with what we have in the team of scoring goals. The teams who become the most consistent will be in the top six or seven. We said there will be ups and downs. Did we think we’d be a top-eight team? No we didn’t. So along with that comes the ups and downs. Part of that means we have to pick ourselves up from a very bad day at the office.

:thup:

What would you prefer, Blackpool again?

After losing 5-1 to Bolton we would probably beat the likes of Blackpool with a cracking performance. Unfortunately the team will probably put in a good performance this weekend and still lose. Similar to Man City away.

Good and measured approach. He talks too much sense...Too much sense!!11

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

He'll make Peace in the Middle East.

He'll make Peace in the Middle East.

After he's finished with third world hunger apparently.

Thank fuck he's come out with that. Sums it up. Don't get how people can be on his back. When we start slipping away from the pack into the relegation zones I'll criticise him. Until then, he's doing enough with barely any resources. I've always said we've got a chance of finishing higher and I wouldn't take 17th now. But if that's where we end up, so be it, it's still progress. Even if it is only a little.

11k+ of posts on a NUFC forum and your support for the club is in question. Incredible.  :lol: (I know this doesn't measure support, but surely if you didn't love the club or have its best interest at heart you'd simply not turn up)

Too positive and you are accused of having blind faith, too negative and you are accused of not supporting your club, somewhere in the middle and no doubt you are sitting on the fence.

BTW i think forums rules should be changed so if we suffer a big defeat abuse is ok for 24 hours so everyone can get it out of their system...would make for some 'interesting' reading.  :lol:  O0

Niel's got almost 11k posts as well tbf without supporting the club. ;)

Bit of a farce that he's still not been granted a #2 btw. I understand the contract situation makes it difficult but even so.

We were capable of finding 'short-term' managers in the Premier League, two/three of them infact, i don't see why we can't find an assistant to tide us over until the contract issues are sorted.

Or they could just give Hughton a fucking contract. :rolleyes: Two birds in one stone, style.

Bit of a farce that he's still not been granted a #2 btw. I understand the contract situation makes it difficult but even so.

We were capable of finding 'short-term' managers in the Premier League, two/three of them infact, i don't see why we can't find an assistant to tide us over until the contract issues are sorted.

Or they could just give Hughton a f***ing contract. :rolleyes: Two birds in one stone, style.

That's a much too logical and simple solution. We need something more complex and drawn out, Ben Arfa transfer style.

Guest neesy111

Hughton:  "We have no plans to sign anybody in January".

Hmm, think that might change if we have a bad set of results + 1 or 2 injuries.