Fight/bust up at the training ground?

binnsy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I must say I find the whole "he's our best goalscorer at the minute, and I don't want him signing for another team and scoring against us, and then getting sold for £10 million" argument absolutely amazing.

So on the one hand you argue that footballers are egomaniacs and are full of it and only think about themselves etc. but then you basically say that a player with a history of violence, and getting away with violence might I add, should be allowed to continue to train and play with the team, as well as collect a substantial salary even though this violent streak has reared it's head again, and this time resulting in a broken jaw for a fellow teammate.

So tell me ... what kind of effect will that ultimately have on Carroll. Do you think this treatment will make him regret his actions and be more responsible? No. Only a matter of time before he lashes out again. Why? Because once again the message is that as long as I am a popular footballer doing well I can get away with anything I please. It's laughable because if this had happened just a couple of months back every single person on here would be calling for him to be dumped.

He should be suspended for the rest of the season without pay, with the situation reviewed in the summer.

Do you care more about the player than the badge? I couldn't give a toss about whether we teach him a lesson to make him regret his actions, all I care about is how it affects the club. Leave the people in the know to decide what happens, let Hughton and Ashley weigh up the situation without all these unfounded crys of moral outrage.

If they feel that it's best to keep in in house and he stays, i'll be delighted. Why hope for the worst?

yeah I just meant it's another fight over a girl situation - its ridiculous theres millions of them out there and they happen to fight over the same one...she can't be THAT fit...can she?

Woman are to blame for everything.. bunch of cunts

yeah I just meant it's another fight over a girl situation - its ridiculous theres millions of them out there and they happen to fight over the same one...she can't be THAT fit...can she?

Woman are to blame for everything.. bunch of c***s

Yes, I will hold that girl responsible if we dont go up now... :knuppel2:

In reply to some of the responses to what I wrote earlier ...

In my eyes we were doing just fine before Carroll started playing so well, so I really don' think he is vital to us going up personally. Between Loven, Shola, Best, Ranger, Nolan, Routledge, Jonas and Guthrie we will score goals.

I know what's happened is all up in the air obviously and my previous post was under the presumption that Carroll was the one majorly at fault. If he was he should definitely be suspended the rest of the way. I doubt he performs at the same level with all this hanging over him and the squad right now anyway.

It really is a quite unbelievable development. Just hope we play well and win tonight and kind of push this under the rug.

Proves they are both neanderthals tbh. Any man who fights over a girl only proves how weak he is. That girl is laughing at them both right now. She's got exactly what she wants. Has pretty much just used Taylor to get back at Andy Carroll, and now Carroll is royally screwed. It's all worked a treat. Pathetic.

what if it means we end up in the play offs?

Regardless, its about setting standards which are acceptable at our football club.  I don't think that will happen but it wouldn't be because we sacked him, it would be because he did it in the first place.

congratulations, that's one of the stupidest things i've ever witnessed.

Baffled as to how anyone can vote in the poll as even if we assume the protagonists are as thought (A reasonable assumption), then we know fuck all about the circumstances leading to the breaking of the jaw. Consider the following 2 scenarios:

1) Taylor comes up to Carroll and tells him he hates him, he's a worthless piece of shit and he hopes his family die horribly. After asking him several times to stop, Andy snaps and lamps Taylor.

2) Taylor is walking down the corridor, sees Carroll and says "Hi". Carroll punches Taylor in the face.

Are the 2 scenarios the same? Do they warrant the same response from the club to Carroll? Of course not.

Putting a poll on something like this when we have so little knowledge is just inviting mongs to randomly select an option depending on which brain cell is firing at the moment.

That girl is laughing at them both right now. She's got exactly what she wants. Has pretty much just used Taylor to get back at Andy Carroll, and now Carroll is royally screwed. It's all worked a treat. Pathetic.

this is fact is it? or are you just guessing?

I've heard this from someone claiming to be ITK.

Some years back Taylor used to go out with Carroll's current girlfriend (and now mother of Carroll's child). Taylor had started texting her recently for some reason, she told him to stop, he didn't. She told Carroll that Taylor had been texting her. Carroll confronted Taylor and the rest is history.

I've heard from an ITK that there was a fancy dress party on the themes of classic television detectives, but both Caroll and Taylor turned up in wheelchairs as Ironside, and Mr Caroll wasnt best pleased to say the least.

Surely there has to be police action over this, once you have to go to hospital for a broken jaw it's no longer a matter of "Oh, I don't want to press charges" is it?  Looks like it would be classified as GBH

Common Assault:

* Grazes;

* Scratches;

* Abrasions;

* Minor bruising;

* Swellings;

* Reddening of the skin;

* Superficial cuts;

* A 'black eye.'

Section 47 Assault (ABH):

* Loss or breaking of tooth or teeth;

* · Temporary loss of sensory functions, which may include loss of consciousness. T v Director of Public Prosecutions, [2003] Crim. L. R. 622

* Extensive or multiple bruising;

* displaced broken nose;

* minor fractures;

* minor, but not merely superficial, cuts of a sort probably requiring medical treatment (e.g. stitches);

* psychiatric injury that is more than mere emotions such as fear, distress or panic. In any case where psychiatric injury is relied upon, as the basis for an allegation of assault occasioning actual bodily harm, and the matter is not admitted by the defence, then expert evidence must be called by the prosecution. (R v Chan-****, 99 Cr. App. R. 147, CA).

Section 20 wounding (GBH):

# Grievous bodily harm means serious bodily harm. (Archbold 19-206). It is for the jury to decide whether the harm is serious. However, examples of what would usually amount to serious harm include:

* injury resulting in permanent disability or permanent loss of sensory function;

* injury which results in more than minor permanent, visible disfigurement; broken or displaced limbs or bones, including fractured skull;

* compound fractures, broken cheek bone, jaw, ribs, etc;

* injuries which cause substantial loss of blood, usually necessitating a transfusion;

* injuries resulting in lengthy treatment or incapacity;

* psychiatric injury. As with assault occasioning actual bodily harm, appropriate expert evidence is essential to prove the injury.

I must say I find the whole "he's our best goalscorer at the minute, and I don't want him signing for another team and scoring against us, and then getting sold for £10 million" argument absolutely amazing.

So on the one hand you argue that footballers are egomaniacs and are full of it and only think about themselves etc. but then you basically say that a player with a history of violence, and getting away with violence might I add, should be allowed to continue to train and play with the team, as well as collect a substantial salary even though this violent streak has reared it's head again, and this time resulting in a broken jaw for a fellow teammate.

So tell me ... what kind of effect will that ultimately have on Carroll. Do you think this treatment will make him regret his actions and be more responsible? No. Only a matter of time before he lashes out again. Why? Because once again the message is that as long as I am a popular footballer doing well I can get away with anything I please. It's laughable because if this had happened just a couple of months back every single person on here would be calling for him to be dumped.

He should be suspended for the rest of the season without pay, with the situation reviewed in the summer.

How do you know it was him who really started it and not Taylor, affecting the team negatively just to teach him a lesson is not the answer, simply punish him and fine him, bust-up's happen all the time, if it was something more serious, Id suspend him.

Mate, if Carroll came up to you and punched you in the face, broke your jaw, would you be cool with that? would you refuse to press charges? would you think "it's ok, I don't mind, I don't want him to be punished for breaking my jaw" ?

Guest sicko2ndbest

None ofthe above!

We cant afford to make a moral stand at this point. Investigate and fine him at the end of the season if found guilty