NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

wait, why is it being talked about like it's a serious proposition (ireland), what did i miss?

Twitter.

Peter Morrison - football agent based in Manchester from James Grant Sports Management.

Although, they don't represent Stephen Ireland:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/james-grant-sports-management/details/berater_641.html

The editor of Sky Sports News has also said there's big NUFC transfer news on the way.

Would deffo be happy with ireland!

With smith being out, guthrie looking dodgy, vuckic still learning and ben arfa not back yet....it'd be an ideal loan.

I just think we need an extra striker and to loan out ranger.

Guest toonlass

I'd be ok with the signing IF the lad was given the support he obviously needs. If his confidence was restored then he could find his class again. He's only 24.

I get the feeling now that this is a club that players can and will thrive at. In the past we were the club where once-decent footballers came to die, but now our team spirit and collective mental strength seems so good that I wouldn't worry about signing the likes of Ireland.

Would be willing to give Ireland a go, there's a good player in there somewhere for sure and if it's a relatively low cost deal then it's worth the risk IMO because the payoff would be tremendous if he gets his head together.

Interesting that everyone is assuming the 'big news' is an incoming transfer...

Not really interesting so much as obvious.

You reckon, for instance, if Carroll was going to the Spuds the likes of SSN would say "big nufc transfer news on the way..." rather then "big Spurs transfer news on the way..."?

Interesting that everyone is assuming the 'big news' is an incoming transfer...

the big news will prolly be derek llambias doing another naked pitch run-out, perhaps on every major stadium in the country  :kinnear: