NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

I wish people would just reserve judgement until the transfer deadline, then by all means, go ape!  :frantic:

Been there, done that, sick of being fed bullshit (or weren't you paying attention on the last few deadline days)

Tbf the business we did for our season in the Championship (especially in the January) was exactly what we needed at the time. Ben Arfa and Tiote weren't shabby additions to the squad last summer. With more than 3 weeks to go I haven't given up on this window yet - although it's pretty obvious plenty have.

Same, I also think things wouldn't be quite as bad if we'd signed the players we have with a week or so between each one.

Things would also be much more up beat if we'd paid £5m for Marveaux, £7m for Ba, and £7m for Cabaye, they'd be better players then and we'd have a better squad :)

So fucking hopeless. Seriously. Garbage.

Its not though, that's the hilarious thing, and if you can't see it your just not looking.

Its true, all you hear people banging on about on here is how 'he was free', 'in the last year of his contract', 'was going on the cheap'  as if that actually matters.

Sorry but its not Dave, some people on here go on about "only signed some players on a free" in reference to the quality of our signings or squad, as if either would be better if we'd paid the market rate.  Just the other day I read "we went into this window needing two strikers, and so far we've only signed one on a FREE!!", as if that makes Demba Ba any less of a quality striker :lol:

People highlight free transfers not because it reduces the quality of the player, but because it hammers home the fact there's no reason we shouldn't be putting the money we've saved towards buying players in the other areas we need strengthening.

Sorry but its not Dave, some people on here go on about "only signed some players on a free" in reference to the quality of our signings or squad, as if either would be better if we'd paid the market rate.  Just the other day I read "we went into this window needing two strikers, and so far we've only signed one on a FREE!!", as if that makes Demba Ba any less of a quality striker :lol:

People highlight free transfers not because it reduces the quality of the player, but because it hammers home the fact there's no reason we shouldn't be putting the money we've saved towards buying players in the other areas we need strengthening.

This.

Spot on, mate!

I think its more that people aren't convinced we are buying the players who are the best fit for the club and that instead we see a player, realise he is free/has a release clause and buy him because it is seen it as a good deal which may result in future profit.  I don't have a problem with this approach as long as we are prepared to spend money on players we need when necessary - as of yet I haven't seen much evidence of this.

Yeah, it should be obvios realy.

Banged to rights...

Free transfers should be a bonus way to add to the squad not first choice of action, its always about free or loan, pay as little as they have too if a fee is required.

As much as I understand the reasoning behind it surely that should be the way for clubs without money, if you sell a single player for £35m then using that money on transfers alone is good business too.

Sorry but its not Dave, some people on here go on about "only signed some players on a free" in reference to the quality of our signings or squad, as if either would be better if we'd paid the market rate.  Just the other day I read "we went into this window needing two strikers, and so far we've only signed one on a FREE!!", as if that makes Demba Ba any less of a quality striker :lol:

Personally think teasy has a bit of a point, but tend to agree with this.

Personally think teasy has a bit of a point, but tend to agree with this.

same here.

I don't think anyone really cares how much the players cost, it's just that most of us thought that the money from selling AC should be used to once and for all strengthen the squad.For the last three or four seasons we have always been a couple of injuries away from fielding a seriously weakened team, once we have 5-6 out, the team we have to select is extremely poor.

We need two left backs if Enrique leaves, an upgrade at right back, another Centre-Half, somebody to cover when Tiote can't get a visa, get's suspended, goes to ACN, a right winger, if Barton leaves someone to replace him, and another forward.  That's up to 8 players depending on who leaves. We have the money, the owner doesn't want to spend it, so rather than competing for a position between 5-7, which with a strengthened squad we probably could, it will be mid table mediocrity or worse.

I don't think anyone really cares how much the players cost, it's just that most of us thought that the money from selling AC should be used to once and for all strengthen the squad.For the last three or four seasons we have always been a couple of injuries away from fielding a seriously weakened team, once we have 5-6 out, the team we have to select is extremely poor.

We need two left backs if Enrique leaves, an upgrade at right back, another Centre-Half, somebody to cover when Tiote can't get a visa, get's suspended, goes to ACN, a right winger, if Barton leaves someone to replace him, and another forward.  That's up to 8 players depending on who leaves. We have the money, the owner doesn't want to spend it, so rather than competing for a position between 5-7, which with a strengthened squad we probably could, it will be mid table mediocrity or worse.

I also want to bat Ellen Page's back door in.

Well you should try asking her, you never know your luck might be in.

What you have suggested is bordering on ridiculous. We've already brought 4 in. You are suggesting another 8, 12 in total. Not only do we not have room for them, it just quite clearly was never going to happen. Managers/fans always want more players, but you should know by now how we are being ran. Its safe to say if we get another 2 in and replacement for Jose, we will have a fairly solid squad that should be competing top half.

We need two left backs if Enrique leaves, an upgrade at right back, another Centre-Half, somebody to cover when Tiote can't get a visa, get's suspended, goes to ACN, a right winger, if Barton leaves someone to replace him, and another forward.  That's up to 8 players depending on who leaves. We have the money, the owner doesn't want to spend it, so rather than competing for a position between 5-7, which with a strengthened squad we probably could, it will be mid table mediocrity or worse.

And if Ellen Page was bent owa the night stand growling, "chuck it up me, big boy!" I've no doubt you would. With the Carroll cash Ashley and Llambias are in that position very now, but rather than knock the granny out of her they've decided to go downstairs and fiddle with the central heating.

Obviously no one can expect us to buy a dozen players in one go, but we've never had a better opportunity to strengthen.

And if Ellen Page was bent owa the night stand growling, "chuck it up me, big boy!" I've no doubt you would. With the Carroll cash Ashley and Llambias are in that position very now, but rather than knock the granny out of her they've decided to go downstairs and fiddle with the central heating.

Obviously no one can expect us to buy a dozen players in one go, but we've never had a better opportunity to strengthen.

I agree, we all expected more, however i'd never have expected 12 new players.

Even if we sign another three, thats still 7 weve brought in which is a decent amount for one window.