NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Whats the latest on signing a player?  Just read Pardew's comments about being close to signing a player.

Pardew says we're close to securing a current NUFC player on a new deal. The press seem to think it's Barton.

He also said we were close to signing a new player.

This is what he said to Skysports after the match yesterday:

"I'm pretty close to securing another player of our squad and that will be a big bonus for the club," he said.

"So I've concentrated on that, if one becomes available I think can help then great but the squad players for me are doing terrific.

"There is a good feeling in the group and good strength."

Whats the latest on signing a player?  Just read Pardew's comments about being close to signing a player.

Pardew says we're close to securing a current NUFC player on a new deal. The press seem to think it's Barton.

He also said we were close to signing a new player.

This is what he said to Skysports after the match yesterday:

"I'm pretty close to securing another player of our squad and that will be a big bonus for the club," he said.

"So I've concentrated on that, if one becomes available I think can help then great but the squad players for me are doing terrific.

"There is a good feeling in the group and good strength."

I read it slightly wrong, but he did say:

"For the next 10 days I will focus on bringing a player in who will help us."

According to SSN we sent someone to watch him yesterday but he was an unused sub.

Out of contract at the end of the season so definitely sounds like an Ashley type signing.

As I said, I'd be amazed if they've done anything more than simply read the local newspaper. It's in there.

Means nothing, in other words.

According to SSN we sent someone to watch him yesterday but he was an unused sub.

Out of contract at the end of the season so definitely sounds like an Ashley type signing.

As I said, I'd be amazed if they've done anything more than simply read the local newspaper. It's in there.

Means nothing, in other words.

Sorry Dave I didn't see that. That said has any of the pricks with the massive iPad said anything about the Ireland paper talk ?

Sunday sun saying Ireland is desperate to join but MA will wait until the end of the window to secure the best terms!

not a bad notion considering we have no games until the end of the window and villa may crack and let him go on loan paying part of the wages

Guest toonlass

Shola gets all homesick when he's away from the north east. The poor lamb won't want to go as far afield as Birmingham.

The fucker gets all homesick if he has to play more than 75 minutes.

:lol: