NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Would have mixed feelings about this one, can't help but feel we need someone who's been there and done it.

Like a Wes Brown or a Crouch?

Aye, exactly like that. For f***s sake man just because I'd like someone a bit more proven it doesn't mean they have to be old and average. Has this lad ever found the net on a regular basis?

Name someone then. The only experienced strikers on the radar seem to be the likes of Crouch and Pav who as you say, don't excite.

/I think we have a proven striker in Ba. 

I'm not a scout, but someone like Papiss Cisse or Burak Yilmaz who've scored on a regular basis in their respective leagues would be nice.

Would have mixed feelings about this one, can't help but feel we need someone who's been there and done it.

Like a Wes Brown or a Crouch?

Would you rather we went foreign? Like a Boumsong or a Luque?

[/exaggerationsworkbothways ;) ]

Eh? Keirrison is a goer? Not sure on that at all like.

Same here. I can't see us taking a gamble on a Brazilian, they don't have a great track record in England. But who knows...maybe playing in a more passing side full of foreigners might suit him more than it would have in previous Newcastle teams?

Would remind me of the Xisco signing - we're struggling in the transfer window, he plays in a position and has a type of game that we need, and if you read very selectively and look at his stats with one eye closed you could just about convince yourself that hes not going to be shit

Barcelona, Fiorentina and Benfica are hardly poor clubs to fail in at a young age tbf.

A similar argument could be used against Obertan.

They might both turn out to be wank :lol:

I hope we don't sign him, purely on the basis that nobody on here seems to be able to spell his name correctly. It'll be like having Chris Houghton as manager all over again.

Signing Huntingdon back aswell apparently.

From wiki:

Keirrison and his father bought a football club from Campo Grande, Mato Grosso do Sul state in April 2008, and renamed it to Centro de Futebol Keirrison, shortened as CFK9.[29]

can't imagine the rage on this board if Nile Ranger did that

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

SSN had Clyne or something on our page during the bollocks rumour round up. Who's he?

Been there for over a week now.

was linked in the mirror about 3 weeks ago:

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew wants to splash out £2million on Crystal Palace’s highly-rated right back Nathan Clyne.

Pardew has opened talks to land the England under-20 prospect who could be sold by the Eagles in this window - with rivals Birmingham City struggling to raise the funds.

Clyne has caught Pardew’s eye and would give him competition at the back and also please his money men who want some young players with a re-sale value.

Pardew hopes to get the nod to spend some of his budget on Clyne this week, with Palace braced for an official offer after fielding opening inquiries

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Newcastle-keen-to-spend-on-Crystal-Palace-defender-Nathan-Clyne-article765037.html#ixzz1USQUL0mj

Just got out the taxi and the driver said it was reported on the radio that there are 3 possibly 4 French players undergoing medicals right now.  Anyone heard anything like it or is it utter bollix?

Obertan and another French player currently on trial.