The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Don't really see a lot of difference between Hodgson and KKK, except the latter gets his points from the 'bigger clubs' which makes him look a better manager than he actually is.

Very much this. Wacko could just as well have been describing KKK in his last post.

Liverpool today is very much a hard working team that's good at forcing errors and then exploit them. Except for the racist cunt, there's not a lot of flair in their team.

:thup: Not much I can add to that. I don't see how people were pissed at Hodgson yet class KKK as very much taking them in a completely different direction. Just can't see it. :dontknow:

We've hardly gone from strength to strength under Kenny, but let's be fair: he did win the Carling Cup as opposed to crashing out at the first hurdle to Northampton fucking Town.

Obviously, the tens of millions Kenny has spent must have helped, despite how he's wasted a lot of that, but all the comparisons of Kenny's and Roy's records are bunk. Of the 13 games Hodgson won at Liverpool, four of them were against Mickey Mouse sides in Europa League, FFS.

Here's a very good analysis. Long story short, Kenny isn't setting any records (he's doing about as well as Houllier), but Hodgson was utter shit.

Hodgson is very good at managing small expectations; awful at dealing with any more than that. Throughout his career in major leagues, no matter whether he’s at a big club or a small one, he wins around 33% of league matches; great for a small club, terrible for a big one.

To be clear, I don't think Kenny is doing a particularly good job, but he certainly isn't doing a really shitty one like Hodgson.

No amount of whinging will be bringing him back either, so don't bother,it'll only single you out for special attention.

You do not want to come to the attention of the scouse gestapo  :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: ;D

Tbf wacko you're a fantastic poster, and a very level-headed Liverpool fan, but I just don't understand that post at all. At least Kenny's aim is to improve the side? So Hodgson was actively aiming to drag Liverpool backwards towards mid-table?

It wasn't his explicit aim, but it was clearly where he was going. A side that has European aspirations simply has to play possession football (it took Ferguson a very long time to realise that), whereas Hodgson was taking us away from that. He took a tactically sophisticated and fairly skillful side and set about turning it into a bunch of typically English clodhoppers.

Intentional or not, the obvious place for such a side is not in the CL spots, and even if they did manage it, they'd never get anywhere.

Hodgson is all about (and very good at) building a side that's hard to beat. This is a very different thing to building a side to win. It's negative, destructive. To win, a side has to be positive, constructive.

We had enough of negative football under Houllier. It just doesn't work for clubs that aspire to the top because your opponents intend to play the same, negative football against you. To be a top side, you have to be able to go out there to win games, not just to not lose them. If you settle for the latter, mediocrity shall be your fate. That wasn't acceptable to us.

Wacko I don't quite agree wit the distinction betwee KD and Hodgson. To me KD is pretty defensive too as reflected in his purchase of players like Carroll, Henderson and to a lesser extent Adams who would fit more into the mould of clodhoppers thank skilfull. Even Downing is more of an English type winger who primarily tries to get crosses in as opposed to more skilful wingers like Nani, Adam Johnson and Walcott.

I do agree with ur view though that setting up not to lose only gets you mediocrity and to qualify for CL and challenge at the top end you need to be set up to win. This has been mine (and a few others) observation/criticism of Pardew as well. He is clearly a manager who sets up his team not to lose, hence playing a defender on the wing and limiting the movement of Cabaye from venturing too much forward either to have a pop or even arrive late in the box. Aside from the second half against Sunderland, we've not played to win for quite some time and unless this changes, results will show as we drop off from the business end of the table.

I see Glen Johnson has reignited the whole handshake affair... Doh!

Best part was him claiming that the person who criticized him for wearing the t-shirt was racist, you could not make it up. These Liverpool players must have gone through how to make idiotic comments class!

How can one club be so fucking retarded ffs :lol: Why bring it up? Yeah, yeah, probably media asking him specific questions bla bla bla. That's of course the kind you decline to comment about, what happened to drawing a line under it? It's almost as if the club don't actually want to move on from it. :rolleyes:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/7578678/Johnson-Evra-set-Suarez-up

Liverpool defender Glen Johnson claims Manchester United's Patrice Evra did not really want to shake the hand of Luis Suarez at Old Trafford last month.

Uruguay international Suarez seemingly refused to shake hands with Evra ahead of the Premier League clash, which the hosts won 2-1, after he was found guilty of racially abusing the defender.

The striker was widely criticised for the action, with both the player and club apologising for the incident after the match, but Johnson believes Evra was at fault.

Clever

"Evra was clever at Old Trafford," he told the Daily Mail.

"Because - I'm not being funny - but if I wanted to shake your hand I would stick it right out in front of me like that. But if my hand is down here, almost by my side, then it's because I really don't want to shake your hand.

"Luis didn't shake his hand because Evra's hand was down there. What else is Luis supposed to do? Would you go to shake someone's hand if their hand is way down there by their side? Course not. But then, because Luis didn't do it, Evra has pulled him back by his arm as he walked on, as if to say to everybody: "Look, I wanted to shake his hand and he didn't..."

"He's following Luis with his eyes as if to say: "Right he's gone, he's gone (past me) so I'll pull him back now..." Evra probably stayed up all night thinking about how to do that. The whole thing was ridiculous."

Liverpool wore T-shirts supporting Suarez over the racism incident as they warmed up before a game at Wigan in December, sparking plenty of backlash.

But Johnson feels the gesture was blown out of proportion, adding: "The evidence was Luis' word against Evra's.

"I'm not saying Evra is lying but it's his word against Luis', isn't it? So how did it all turn out to be so strong in Evra's favour? I work with the lad every day. There is no way he said that.

"With the media these days and the way it was going to be blown up, maybe the T-shirts thing wasn't the right thing to do. How should I say this? We wore them to show our support for Luis. It wasn't to send a message to everyone else. It was just for him.

"It seemed to come across that we were making a point. We weren't. It was the club's idea. But obviously we all agreed. We didn't really think about how people would react."

Criticised

Ex-Manchester United defender Paul McGrath used social networking site Twitter to criticise Johnson for wearing the T-shirt in support of Suarez but the Liverpool defender has accused him of racism for singling him out.

Johnson claimed: "The McGrath thing ... that's actually racist. Saying what he said is racist. He is only saying that to me because I was the only black lad wearing the T-shirt.

"He's targeting me because of my colour."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/7578678/Johnson-Evra-set-Suarez-up

Liverpool defender Glen Johnson claims Manchester United's Patrice Evra did not really want to shake the hand of Luis Suarez at Old Trafford last month.

Uruguay international Suarez seemingly refused to shake hands with Evra ahead of the Premier League clash, which the hosts won 2-1, after he was found guilty of racially abusing the defender.

The striker was widely criticised for the action, with both the player and club apologising for the incident after the match, but Johnson believes Evra was at fault.

Clever

"Because - I'm not being funny - but if I wanted to shake your hand I would stick it right out in front of me like that. But if my hand is down here, almost by my side, then it's because I really don't want to shake your hand.

"Luis didn't shake his hand because Evra's hand was down there. What else is Luis supposed to do? Would you go to shake someone's hand if their hand is way down there by their side? Course not. But then, because Luis didn't do it, Evra has pulled him back by his arm as he walked on, as if to say to everybody: "Look, I wanted to shake his hand and he didn't..."

"He's following Luis with his eyes as if to say: "Right he's gone, he's gone (past me) so I'll pull him back now..." Evra probably stayed up all night thinking about how to do that. The whole thing was ridiculous."

Liverpool wore T-shirts supporting Suarez over the racism incident as they warmed up before a game at Wigan in December, sparking plenty of backlash.

But Johnson feels the gesture was blown out of proportion, adding: "The evidence was Luis' word against Evra's.

"I'm not saying Evra is lying but it's his word against Luis', isn't it? So how did it all turn out to be so strong in Evra's favour? I work with the lad every day. There is no way he said that.

"With the media these days and the way it was going to be blown up, maybe the T-shirts thing wasn't the right thing to do. How should I say this? We wore them to show our support for Luis. It wasn't to send a message to everyone else. It was just for him.

"It seemed to come across that we were making a point. We weren't. It was the club's idea. But obviously we all agreed. We didn't really think about how people would react."

Criticised

Ex-Manchester United defender Paul McGrath used social networking site Twitter to criticise Johnson for wearing the T-shirt in support of Suarez but the Liverpool defender has accused him of racism for singling him out.

Johnson claimed: "The McGrath thing ... that's actually racist. Saying what he said is racist. He is only saying that to me because I was the only black lad wearing the T-shirt.

From the man who stole a toilet seat from B&Q. Braindead.

You couldn't even write this shit. You think it's gone away, you think people can move on and then this idiot comes out with this. It's like people in the club are constantly trying to make sure they're the most hated club in the UK. "Wait a second lads, hands up who hasn't made a massive guff this week, Johnson, you lazy wanker. Get on the typewriter and put something together about Suarez before people think we're not complete dicks"

Clever

Criticised

why not wear them in training as opposed to on telly in front of thousands then. c***.

Guest Brynn

The Joke about us finishing above them is soon replaced by WBA By Roy Hodgson finishing above them  :lol:

I would actually pay 2 weeks salary for that to happen.

Clever

Criticised

why not wear them in training as opposed to on telly in front of thousands then. c***.

Suarez wore one himself as well iirc :lol:

Johnson made me laugh when claimed that when people go abroad, they would still use their own native slang. Yeah, right, I'd like to see your average Greek's reaction to being called an endearing cunt.

Tbf wacko you're a fantastic poster, and a very level-headed Liverpool fan, but I just don't understand that post at all. At least Kenny's aim is to improve the side? So Hodgson was actively aiming to drag Liverpool backwards towards mid-table?

It wasn't his explicit aim, but it was clearly where he was going. A side that has European aspirations simply has to play possession football (it took Ferguson a very long time to realise that), whereas Hodgson was taking us away from that. He took a tactically sophisticated and fairly skillful side and set about turning it into a bunch of typically English clodhoppers.

Intentional or not, the obvious place for such a side is not in the CL spots, and even if they did manage it, they'd never get anywhere.

Hodgson is all about (and very good at) building a side that's hard to beat. This is a very different thing to building a side to win. It's negative, destructive. To win, a side has to be positive, constructive.

We had enough of negative football under Houllier. It just doesn't work for clubs that aspire to the top because your opponents intend to play the same, negative football against you. To be a top side, you have to be able to go out there to win games, not just to not lose them. If you settle for the latter, mediocrity shall be your fate. That wasn't acceptable to us.

Wacko I don't quite agree wit the distinction betwee KD and Hodgson. To me KD is pretty defensive too as reflected in his purchase of players like Carroll, Henderson and to a lesser extent Adams who would fit more into the mould of clodhoppers thank skilfull. Even Downing is more of an English type winger who primarily tries to get crosses in as opposed to more skilful wingers like Nani, Adam Johnson and Walcott.

I do agree with ur view though that setting up not to lose only gets you mediocrity and to qualify for CL and challenge at the top end you need to be set up to win. This has been mine (and a few others) observation/criticism of Pardew as well. He is clearly a manager who sets up his team not to lose, hence playing a defender on the wing and limiting the movement of Cabaye from venturing too much forward either to have a pop or even arrive late in the box. Aside from the second half against Sunderland, we've not played to win for quite some time and unless this changes, results will show as we drop off from the business end of the table.

Oh aye, Kenny is pretty defensive, but nowhere near as much as Hodgson was. By all appearances, he really was planning to remodel Liverpool after his typical bottom-half scrapper sides.

I see Glen Johnson has reignited the whole handshake affair... Doh!

Yup. They (we?) just can't stop poking the wound :(

Did he specifically go out to have this interview? I thought it was a segment from a press conference but I picked up the mother's Daily Fail (yes I'm making a point that it's not me buying the tripe :shifty:) and there was a 2 page EXCLUSIVE spread from him about it. Seriously, why would you be such a fucking idiot?

Evra is an evil genius! :lol:

That guy getting banned on RAWK was insane like, loved how one of the mods came in and said that whining about it would only single people out for "special attention". Full on undisguised threat.

Makes Dave and Andy look like Keenan and Kel that place.

Evra is fucking disgusting like. First he DUPES an opposition player into racially abusing him, pursues a claim that FORCES Liverpool football club to behave like the KKK and then TRICKS Suarez into not shaking his hand! Not content with that, he slyly EXPOSES the fact the Glenn Johnson has the IQ of a fish. Total bastard, let's show Patrice Evra the red card.

Oh aye, Kenny is pretty defensive, but nowhere near as much as Hodgson was. By all appearances, he really was planning to remodel Liverpool after his typical bottom-half scrapper sides.

hm, massive assumption for me - for a start he wasn't given 100m to splurge, chances are he'd have done things very differently had he been