Harry Redknapp

Tooj

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

International football and Harry Redknapp. I have no real affection for the England National team and the possible appointment of Harry Redknapp as England manager would only help further distance myself from supporting England at International level. Its a team full of players that couldn't care less, that genuinely seem dislikeable as people (let alone footballers), and now they want to appoint Harry Redknapp as the leader of this bunch?

Your squad at International level is pretty much set and fixed. There's no wheeling or dealing. He won't be able to 'buy' his way forward by replacing players with better ones (which to be fair he's good at). Yes, players say he's a fantastic motivator and makes you feel like you can play better than you are. No doubt that's a fantastic quality to have as a manager, perhaps more so at International Level. Yet... Keegan was that type of manager - it only works for so long.

So with the prospect of not being able to buy new players to upgrade the squad.

Having a restricted pool of players to pick from.

Being a fantastic motivator.

What else can Redknapp bring?

He's not a tactical mastermind. Seems to have 1 gameplan that works (442 bigman littleman up front). England have tried this for years with little success. His match preparation seems rather poor too. Again its the same tactic regardless who he plays.

Tactics and Match Preparation have to be one of the most important things at International Level considering the limited amount of time you get with the players, and again the restricted pool of players to work with.

"What can you teach Gerrard about tactics?" I appreciate what he's saying, but damn, you have to be prepared to give it a go. How are you going to gel them together as a team if you don't go over your philosophy with them? Do you really just allow the players to play freely with no pre-game tactical instructions to follow?

I think this is Karma catching up with him. He wrongly avoided jail and now his career is going down the shitter.

Poetic justice, somewhat. It's nice to see him feeling the pressure/fucking it up, what with all the wheeling dealing, talking about other clubs' players and his general dodgyness. What's happening atm couldn't have happened to a more fitting man.

Good discussion about Spurs and Redknapp on Sunday Supplement. Apparently Scott Parker hinted in an interview after the 1-5 defeat to Chelsea that the squad has lost a bit of faith in Harry and the other way around. He has continued to lower their targets all season (from title to third to fourth) which implies that he isn't sure whether his players are capable of reaching whatever target they have.

Add to that his constant talking about who to bring in etc etc and I'm not surprised one bit. Pardew manages that aspect brilliant in my opinion. He bigs players up at the right time for the right reasons. He isn't looking to far ahead, he isn't saying who he'd like instead of his current players and he hasn't been talking targets all season up until now. Big difference, and you'd expect better from a manager who has 30 years of experience.

Noticed he's in the shortlist for Best Premier League manager in the "20 Seasons" List.

Based on what exactly?

He's certainly had the most impact on clubs, he has pretty much relegated three clubs

Noticed he's in the shortlist for Best Premier League manager in the "20 Seasons" List.

Based on what exactly?

Who else is on that list?

Ferguson, Wenger, Mourinho and Moyes.

No Keegan?

Based on what exactly?

No Keegan?

No Dalglish either, which is a bit harsh seeing as he's actually won the thing and Redknapp was a perennial mid-table no-mark for 15 years until he got the Spurs gig and they gave him a fortune to spend.

Based on what exactly?

Fucking embarrassing. :lol:

Ferguson's arguably favourite for the manager award I'd say.

I'm backing a late surge from Chris Hutchings. They wrote his name in invisible ink just to give the others a chance.

Ferguson's arguably favourite for the manager award I'd say.

I'm backing a late surge from Chris Hutchings. They wrote his name in invisible ink just to give the others a chance.

Les Reed would get my vote

Guest johnson293

Might just be twitter bollocks, but...

Transfer Market Feed‏@Signings_TDD

Report emerging that Harry Redknapp has had a bust up with Adebayor and other teams mates this evening. Adebayor now refusing to play.#thfc

Might just be twitter bollocks, but...

Transfer Market Feed‏@Signings_TDDReply

Report emerging that Harry Redknapp has had a bust up with Adebayor and other teams mates this evening. Adebayor now refusing to play.#thfc

Such strong Champions League feels...