Harry Redknapp

Tooj

Guest Chubby Jason

I still can't believe that he said he wanted Chelsea to win the Champions League. It's like there's no filter between his brain and his mouth and he's safe in the knowledge that no one will pull him up on it no matter how moronic his comments are.

He's also been slagging off his own players that he had on the bench against QPR, this is straight out of the Souness school of management. He strikes me as someone who cannot handle pressure at all which doesn't bode well for someone wanting the England job.

Guest Chubby Jason

I think even if we lost all of our group games by 5 goals Redknapp would escape media  criticism. They'd probably still blame Cappello's reign of terror and super 'Arry didn't have enough time to stop the rot.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Redknapp is gone in the summer irrespective of whether the FA come calling.  Not saying any more than that.

OMG!!1 SUPA ITK!1

It's almost like you're trying to imply something! Something that may be obvious in the rhetoric you've delivered yet somehow SHROUDED IN MYSTERY.

What will happen!?!1

You've got to give Jol credit for saying Modric wouldn't leave last window. Everyone expected him to but he was adamant. As for Harry, I hope he just gets the fuck out of the PL. Go take the England job, mess that up and go live abroad

As amusing as it would be, surely Pards is second favourite these days after such a great season? After all, McLaren got the job after winning the bloody League Cup!

Said I wants to complete what he's started here, and has already pulled himself out the running.

As amusing as it would be, surely Pards is second favourite these days after such a great season? After all, McLaren got the job after winning the bloody League Cup!

Said I wants to complete what he's started here, and has already pulled himself out the running.

Appreciated, but that was when everyone fully expected Harry to get it. Might be a bit different if they're seriously looking at other candidates.

That said, I in no way shape or form want this to happen! For all I care about England they can rehire McLaren, or Hoddle or Venables or anyone really, EXCEPT Pardew!

Question, if international football is starting to be seen as a bit of a nuisance by many of the players (allegedly) and many fans say they'd much rather see their local team do well than the national team, how long is it before the same attitudes apply to the managers and they'd much rather get success at club level?

Question, if international football is starting to be seen as a bit of a nuisance by many of the players (allegedly) and many fans say they'd much rather see their local team do well than the national team, how long is it before the same attitudes apply to the managers and they'd much rather get success at club level?

Don't most managers prefer to manage a club rather than their country anyway.  They supposedly miss the day to day involvement and see international management as something for the future when they are much older and more experienced.

Anyway, I think Pardew still needs to show he is the real deal.  He needs to show that we are not a one season wonder and that he can achieve some sort of success in Europe (he only had limited experience in Europe with West Ham).  At some of his other clubs, he has started well and then struggled so I think he still has a lot to prove before being considered for England manager other than just being the current flavour of the month.

I think it's already happening. Take Scotland as an example, they have 7-8 managers in the Premier League, yet do you ever see them wanting the national job?

Aye but that's because Scotland are shit and nobody would want that job.