Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Strangely that 'derisory' offer would see them get 6.3m euros by January assuming he doesnt get injured. Any other club would be installments, add ons etc over at least 2 years....

I'd wager we had designs on only playing him at home, thus avoiding the potential cost.

Sorry Dave I know it is the season to be pessimistic but that has to be bollocks. The club has to be crazy if we did anything like that i.e. not play him in away games so that we don't have to pay the full fees.

:pow:

Guest Roger Kint

Strangely that 'derisory' offer would see them get 6.3m euros by January assuming he doesnt get injured. Any other club would be installments, add ons etc over at least 2 years....

I'd wager we had designs on only playing him at home, thus avoiding the potential cost.

Dont get me wrong i was half thinking along the same lines but the theory is sound given our cash up front policy.

A very poor career choice if it goes through, Bundesliga is exciting but in a Championship kind of way as it lacks real quality. I think we'll see him fade now into a journeyman type career where he never fulfills his potential.

dunno like, i watched a fair bit last season and i'd put dortmund up against the likes of birmingham. also the football played by the nurnbergs etc of the bundesliga is far better to watch than that of stoke or wolves.

Newcastle are facing competition from AC Milan for Marseille winger Hatem Ben Arfa.

Full story: Daily Mirror

Arsenal are also interested in 23-year-old Ben Arfa, with Gunners manager Arsene Wenger set to make a £12m move for the 23-year-old.

Full story: Caught Offside

And Werder Bremen are another club who are keen on Ben Arfa and have offered Marseille £6.5m for the Frenchman. (the Times)

I could imagine that being the manager's idea anyway tbf. ;)

First thing that sprung to mind when I saw the wording.

Good wages, great stadiums/atmospheres, pretty competitive (Bayern aside maybe), nice place to live, don't see why anyone wouldn't want to move tbh.

Just don't mention ze war.

I fuc**ng hate our club sometimes man! Really get my hopes up then this happens. I can't even think of words i'm that pi**ed.

Guest neesy111

La Provence, which was the original source of the whole Ben Arfa story, just have a little snippet quoting "France Football says...." and have a quote that Dassier gave them last night saying, "We've had no firm bids made to Marseille".

http://www.laprovence.com/actu/region-en-direct/mercato-ben-arfa-vers-le-werder

Clutching at straws again chris?

Taken from .com

Tuesday evening then saw OM president Jean-Claude Dassier tell journalists that:

"We’re waiting for news from Newcastle. For the moment we don’t have any….. we asked them for the minimum (fee) because I have no intention, I say it again,  of breaking Ben Arfa’s career – it’s not my style."

Taken from .com

Tuesday evening then saw OM president Jean-Claude Dassier tell journalists that:

"We’re waiting for news from Newcastle. For the moment we don’t have any….. we asked them for the minimum (fee) because I have no intention, I say it again,  of breaking Ben Arfa’s career – it’s not my style."

chris hughton is at present checking down the backs of every sofa at SJP.

La Provence, which was the original source of the whole Ben Arfa story, just have a little snippet quoting "France Football says...." and have a quote that Dassier gave them last night saying, "We've had no firm bids made to Marseille".

http://www.laprovence.com/actu/region-en-direct/mercato-ben-arfa-vers-le-werder

Clutching at straws again chris?

Nope, just quoting them. And still, none of the reputable German sources have picked up on it, in fact there's only 3 websites in German that have mentioned Ben Arfa the past 24 hours, most of them running with Wesley or Diego as Ozil's replacement.