Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

I did appreciate the grief in his reaction when they scored. He cares at least.

He's been a sublime signing for us and a star performer this season. :thup:

I would hope he learns from this though because he has been close to conceding possession in dangerous areas before and only really escaped punishment through a little bit of luck.

Still trying to figure out what the hell he was doing for Blackburn's goal, though. It is not like he had cut off a break and had space to run in to. There had been a free-kick and almost everyone on the pitch was in our half. The only options he had were to smash a clearance or lay it off wide to Enrique. I don't what business he had running forward like that. Even if it was "stuck in his feet", he should use his strength and low centre of gravity to hold the player off. Instead he panics and walks in Gamst. Just a ridiculous error from a player who has done very well for us.

It was a horrible mistake BUT it happens - he has been immense for us so dont want to dwell on it

I do hope he can forget about it and carry on with his excellent performances - there is always a worry after a mistake like that a players confidence falling to pieces

Horrendous mistake and he had a stinker on the whole tonight, but he'll learn from it. He's still new to this league and where you can do that sort of thing in the centre circle against more open teams... you can't do it in your own box against teams that press tight. You could tell from the moment he picked up the ball that he was gonna get tackled. I appreciated his anguish when the goal went in though, it's testament to the attitude of the players. His captain consoled him, too. Something that never happened in the relegation season.

Nothing to do with the league, man. :lol: You can't do that in the penalty box in any league, anywhere. You're right though, it's good that he was emotional for the goal. Even machines can develop deep feelings for this amazingly wonderful football club. He'll learn from it and improve, and quite frankly I am amazed that he has earned my trust in such a short span of time.

Still looks a top player but I hope he learns from this because it cost us badly. He has done it a few times before last night and got away with it. It seems like he tries to play the perfect game but you can't always play your way out of trouble. Needs to adopt a more safety first approach. Hopefully a one off.

Fair point Skirge, he made a mistake right at the start of the Mackem game which gave them a great chance on the break. Had they taken advantage of that we'd have only won 5-2, which would have been disappointing.

I'll put it down to getting used to the Premiership for now, not overly worried unless this becomes a habit and he's still doing it in a couple of months.

Guest Roger Kint

He has started the last 3/4 games slowly imo. This was the first to be punished but he can be forgiven one bad game considering how well he has played since arriving.

From my seat it looked like he was pissing about and got caught but l actually think it was just a case of it getting caught in his feet. Still should have been cleared before it got stuck though. Game off will do him the world of good!

From my seat it looked like he was pissing about and got caught but l actually think it was just a case of it getting caught in his feet. Still should have been cleared before it got stuck though. Game off will do him the world of good!

Aye tis what I though. He tried to take it out of defence and lost in his feet, seemed to rattle him for the rest of the gmae though. Nothing wrong with putting your foot through it from time to time.

.com does seem to reckon he wasn't booked against Chelsea and will be available for the Fulham game.

Ideally wouldn't want him and Barton both out for the same game, so could be good news depending on how soon the FA decide to give Barton his 3 game ban.