Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

He was quite good today but I'm not sure if he actually breaks up enough attacks to justify his selection ahead of Anita, who is much better in possession. I don't like those situations where he's ahead of Cabaye.

That said, the midfield is functioning well in general so can't really complain.

I thought he was pretty unlucky to get booked.

Was something like his 4th foul in 30 minutes tbf.

he's learning then, usually he gets booked after 2 fouls.

He actually does seem to have learned to keep himself in check to a point considering he only has 3 yellows so far

I think the team overall seemed a little too laidback today. Even the commentators mentioned the lack of intensity and urgency that was present in our last 2 home games. Oh well, maybe simply the thought of participating in next year's Europa League tired them out? Cheeky anti-Pards comments aside, if our players looked laidback, the WBA players, barring the opening 10 mins of the second half, looked like they were lying in tanning beds, fulfilling the middle letter of GTL to the fullest.

He wasn't great against WBA tbh, too much dicking about and attempting to pass it over ten yards.

Some of his passing was really good though. he's playing the ball much quicker and simpler for the most part, I would think his possession stats yesterday were probably the best out of our 11 out there.

He wasn't great against WBA tbh, too much dicking about and attempting to pass it over ten yards.

Some of his passing was really good though. he's playing the ball much quicker and simpler for the most part, I would think his possession stats yesterday were probably the best out of our 11 out there.

Aye, but given his return to form and the fact that those things that ruined his game for over a year have started to show again, small cause for concern imo. He needs to be told (and reminded constantly) what to do by the coaching team and the other players.