Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Taylor would have been a great player for us, had it not been for his injuries.

That's not because he's a great defender but because he's an ok one and we have had some dross over the years. That's in spite of him being a simpleton.

All irrelevant because he's an injury prone nugget. We need to find a partner for Mbemba in the summer.

Would be tempted to give him some sort of pay as you play deal in the summer.

The worst thing we could do is keep him, no matter what deal he is on. He takes up a squad place, and if he stays then the board will just see it as one less position that needs strengthened. If Taylor leaves in the summer then he will have to be replaced. He is just not reliable enough.

That doesn't get us a defender though, it just means we won't pay his wages while he's injured.  We'll still be a man short.  We need to cut him loose and sign a decent defender who isn't going to miss half of every season.

He's always been clumsy, but he could have had a better career if he hadn't also been prone to indecision and nervousness.

We shouldn't expect too much of him, but there are signs that he's prepared to show a bit of leadership and initiative. He's entering his footballing dotage, so maybe he's of a mind that it's his last chance to throw off the shackles and give it all.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you... Steven Taylor.

My god - can't believe I even said that we should think about giving him a pay as you play. Fucking terrible.