Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

Been completely anonymous apart from the pen.

We need more movement, we won't beat them in the air. Shawcross and Huth are good defenders in the air. Put Ranger or Jonas in and lets try to run and play the ball on the grass.

Despite the team performance tonight Smith somehow still managed to add a few more nails to his own NUFC coffin. He was rubbish.

Btw, just noticed this (and the previous comments about Smudger), he actually had a decent game on Weds night, don't buy into the "oh it was Smith, he must have been s***" chat

Nah, he was bollocks.

:lol:

no service to him or carroll

He's a midfielder. Tiote and Barton have had plenty of the ball. Why hasn't Nolan?

He's been poor so far. I however don't know about the rest of the season.

He's a midfielder. Tiote and Barton have had plenty of the ball. Why hasn't Nolan?

hes a midfielder in name but plays more like a striker than a midfielder these days

hes a midfielder in name but plays more like a striker than a midfielder these days

Yes, true, but I don't see him making himself available. He doesn't have much pace, and playing the aerial game against Stoke doesn't make much sense so surely he has to drop deeper and come for the ball. If not, then get him off and Jonas on, and Ben Arfa to the centre, surely? Although that's more for the match thread.

Despite the team performance tonight Smith somehow still managed to add a few more nails to his own NUFC coffin. He was rubbish.

Btw, just noticed this (and the previous comments about Smudger), he actually had a decent game on Weds night, don't buy into the "oh it was Smith, he must have been shit" chat

Nah, he was bollocks.

Nar, he wasn't :)

Did his disappearing act that we saw all last season in the second half today. Obviously everyone was poor but we can't persist with him playing 90 minutes if he can't play for 90 mins.

He did absolutely nothing in the first half too save step up to take a penalty that someone else won. The entire game passed him by today.

It's beyond criminal that others are getting subbed off whilst he plays 90 minutes.

Did his disappearing act that we saw all last season in the second half today. Obviously everyone was poor but we can't persist with him playing 90 minutes if he can't play for 90 mins.

He did absolutely nothing in the first half too save step up to take a penalty that someone else won. The entire game passed him by today.

It's beyond criminal that others are getting subbed off whilst he plays 90 minutes.

I saw him at least giving Carroll a bit of support in the first half and looking for the ball now and again but otherwise I agree with you obviously.

Cant believe this guy is our captain. We need someone who gets the players motivated and puts in a cracking performance to be an example to the other players. If Nolan cant do that at home against Stoke then we have absolutely no hope.