Shay Given (now retired)

Guest sicko2ndbest
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I bet by the time he finally gets back in goal regularly he'll be a shadow of the player he was.

Fuck him, players like him, Michael Owen, Oba Martins, Beye, and every other cunt who thought they were bigger than the club. Look where they are all now. On benches.

To be honest i'd rather we just stuck with krul. He's improving all the time and having a keeper that actually comes for and takes crosses consistantly have eased the pressure on our defense immensely.

I bet by the time he finally gets back in goal regularly he'll be a shadow of the player he was.

Fuck him, players like him, Michael Owen, Oba Martins, Beye, and every other cunt who thought they were bigger than the club. Look where they are all now. On benches.

:snod:

:lol:

getting paid handsomely though, which is all cunts like that really care about

f*** him, players like him, Michael Owen, Oba Martins, Beye, and every other c*** who thought they were bigger than the club. Look where they are all now. On benches.

getting paid handsomely though, which is all c***s like that really care about

I think Shay's move is different to the others mentioned. He moved to a club to be their first choice keeper, a club which will be challenging for trophies soon. The rest either left for more money or went to average clubs. Shay gave us some good years, a lot of them to be fair. He was always a top class keeper, and although he had no North East connections he loved the area, the club and the people. Still love the guy, but wouldn't take him back because it would be unfair on who we have.

f*** him, players like him, Michael Owen, Oba Martins, Beye, and every other c*** who thought they were bigger than the club. Look where they are all now. On benches.

I think Shay's move is different to the others mentioned. He moved to a club to be their first choice keeper, a club which will be challenging for trophies soon. The rest either left for more money or went to average clubs. Shay gave us some good years, a lot of them to be fair. He was always a top class keeper, and although he had no North East connections he loved the area, the club and the people. Still love the guy, but wouldn't take him back because it would be unfair on who we have.

Shay has done absolutely nothing different to all the other players who are readily criticized for being mercenaries. Personally, I don't see the problem moving to City, they have money which is an obvious bonus, but that pretty much goes hand-in-hand with chances of winning trophies, so quite how you can separate the mercenaries from the ones who are there 'for the right reasons', is beyond me. The only ones that really seem like mercenaries are maybe Ade & Balotelli, but I'm sure you could make reasons for Balotelli to move other than money. Not so sure about Adebayor like.

Shay has done absolutely nothing different to all the other players who are readily criticized for being mercenaries. Personally, I don't see the problem moving to City, they have money which is an obvious bonus, but that pretty much goes hand-in-hand with chances of winning trophies, so quite how you can separate the mercenaries from the ones who are there 'for the right reasons', is beyond me. The only ones that really seem like mercenaries are maybe Ade & Balotelli, but I'm sure you could make reasons for Balotelli to move other than money. Not so sure about Adebayor like.

It does not go hand in hand to be fair, for how many years did we pay huge wages to players? We never stood a chance of winning anything. I don't like City but they do, yes money is great there but he moved to try and win something. And Shay was here a lot longer than the rest of the other players who left.

It does not go hand in hand to be fair, for how many years did we pay huge wages to players? We never stood a chance of winning anything. I don't like City but they do, yes money is great there but he moved to try and win something. And Shay was here a lot longer than the rest of the other players who left.

what? :lol:

2nd in the league twice, 2 cup finals and a semi...aye no chance of winning nothing nohow

Regardless of how long he was here, he picked the worst fucking time to force a move away. That's what gets most peoples backs up I'd wager.

A great goalkeeper for us once, but it's difficult find much love for the bloke and his bulging retirement fund after the role he picked during his last act at the club.

Not many of the ship jumpers have fared well after leaving:

N'Zogbia - stuck at a club where he doesn't want to be (although he is getting plenty of playing time and exposure)

Given - on the bench at Man City

Cacapa - on the bench at Cruzeiro

Edgar - on the bench at Burnley

Owen - on the bench at Man Utd

Martins - on the bench at Rubin Kazan

Bassong - on the bench at Tottenham

Beye - on the bench at Aston Villa

Duff - Playing reguleraly for Fulham and enjoying his football at club.

Cringe at that teresa Herrera trophy or whatever, can't believe how much I wanted us to win that night haha

What is it? I don't remember.

Trophy we got for beating Depor on pens pre-season. Used to be a proper pre-season tournament however this time it wasn't.

• 1 year later...
Guest palnese

An absolute disgrace Very impolite if he's booed.

I don't like the way he left us, but I'll always love the cunt for what he did for us.