Manchester City

OzzieMandias

What has happened to Michael Johnson?

Injured. 16 stone. Likes to Party and 'Party'. Now he's on the comeback, but Man City have changed managers so often since his debut, no one actually knows who he is.

I do like Man City this season though. Watching David Silva and Nasri is fantastic.

I saw Johnson in Cheshire 2 months back, and he looked a lot lighter than he has previously. Fair play to him.

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini claims he is lacking midfielders in the wake of the team's 2-2 draw at Fulham on Sunday.

City led 2-0 at Craven Cottage thanks to Sergio Aguero's double before goals from Bobby Zamora and Danny Murphy sealed an unlikely comeback.

Mancini's side tackled Napoli in their UEFA Champions League debut on Wednesday and the Italian tactician insists he would have made more changes to his team if he had more options.

With the likes of Nigel de Jong and James Milner on the sidelines City's manager only has Gareth Barry and Yaya Toure as options in the middle of the park.

Lacking

"We're lacking players at this moment," commented Mancini.

"I can only change the full-backs or the strikers.

"I have only two midfield players, as James Milner and Nigel De Jong are injured."

Disappointed

Mancini is not angry his players failed to pick up all three points from their weekend London trip, although he was disappointed by the result.

"Do we lack that? Yes, probably," he continued. "I'm not angry but I'm disappointed.

"My players probably thought they had done enough to win."

Oh!  :idiot2:

Poor guy!  ;D

You can bet that on the other side of Manchester, another manager is smelling blood.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Injured. 16 stone. Likes to Party and 'Party'. Now he's on the comeback, but Man City have changed managers so often since his debut, no one actually knows who he is.

I do like Man City this season though. Watching David Silva and Nasri is fantastic.

I saw Johnson in Cheshire 2 months back, and he looked a lot lighter than he has previously. Fair play to him.

Good for him. Must be a nightmare falling out of your football schedule and getting caught behind. Fitness levels can be the difference between top level and somewhere else in football.

Will admit, my post above is probably 18 months out of date in regards to opinion.

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini claims he is lacking midfielders in the wake of the team's 2-2 draw at Fulham on Sunday.

City led 2-0 at Craven Cottage thanks to Sergio Aguero's double before goals from Bobby Zamora and Danny Murphy sealed an unlikely comeback.

Mancini's side tackled Napoli in their UEFA Champions League debut on Wednesday and the Italian tactician insists he would have made more changes to his team if he had more options.

With the likes of Nigel de Jong and James Milner on the sidelines City's manager only has Gareth Barry and Yaya Toure as options in the middle of the park.

Lacking

"We're lacking players at this moment," commented Mancini.

"I can only change the full-backs or the strikers.

"I have only two midfield players, as James Milner and Nigel De Jong are injured."

Disappointed

Mancini is not angry his players failed to pick up all three points from their weekend London trip, although he was disappointed by the result.

"Do we lack that? Yes, probably," he continued. "I'm not angry but I'm disappointed.

"My players probably thought they had done enough to win."

Oh!  :idiot2:

Poor guy!  ;D

You can bet that on the other side of Manchester, another manager is smelling blood.

Indeed, can not wait for the mindgames between them when they meet.

Ferguson will mindfuck Manchini.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Philippe Albert scores the amazing chipped 5th against Man U when Newcastle were the entertainers

Newcastle United used to be hyped up by Sky TV as “The Entertainers”. In the almost-glory days of Kevin Keegan’s first management stint and with creative and attacking players like Ginola, Ferdinand, Asprilla, Cole,  Gillespie, Albert and Lee to name but a few they believed in scoring more goals than their opponents not defending. They believed that they would always outscore them, no matter who they played and no matter how many goals they let in. Of course that dream ended as quickly as it had begun, there was no willing billionaire to deliver on the amazing potential that the most passionate fans in the world gave Newcastle and Keegan’s great foundation and attacking brand of football had created.

Manchester City are the new entertainers. They now have a team and a manager (and that willing billionaire) to go with their amazing supporters. Why are they amazing? Why are they the most brand loyal in the world?  You trying being a fan of the poorer Manchester team for 30 years, in lower leagues, when all you hear about is your red neighbours winning trophies  and being amazing every year and how great they are and see that every southern Englander and the odd Mancunian is supporting them. That’s loyalty, that’s passion.

I would now argue that Manchester City are the Newcastle United of now and the next decade. They are everyone’s second team and the team that people will love to watch, the team that they want to thrash Manchester United and knock Ferguson off his perch and he did Liverpool. The team themselves clearly do believe that they will score goals in every game and score more than any opponent will. Three matches played and their matches have averaged five goals a game. The Manchester City brand by this positive association will transform and become the brand that people will want to be connected with and  the kids in Manchester, London and Asia will want to wear the shirt of.

The new entertainers in a different 5 goal thrashing 15 years later

Football is supposedly about entertainment but judging by every team outside of Manchester you would have been forgiven if you thought that getting a zero next to your team’s name was more important than scoring a goal and risk entertaining people who are paying extortionate amounts to watch. Judging by the empty seats at many of the matches and the increase in defensive play the rest of the premiership will be praying that the two Manchester teams keep on scoring goals for fun and entertaining the world so that the premiership brand doesn’t become as boring as the Italian Serie A one has.  Bring on the Entertainers! Long may it last.

Read more: http://chrisreed.brandrepublic.com/2011/08/30/manchester-city-the-new-entertainers-brand/#ixzz1YVsKqSkq

I like watching them, I mean what football fan doesn't enjoy seeing the lieks of Aguero, Yaya, Johnson, Kompany, Hart, Nasri, Dzeko, Tevez and errr Gareth Barry  :lol:

But second team  ??? are they fuck, I don't even have a second team, and if I did it certainly wouldn't be Man City.

One thing that's struck me watching their match today is how quickly their fans have developed their sense of entitlement - they're basically getting to watch half a billion quids worth of world class players they've done fuck all to deserve and they're pissing and moaning like bitches at every misplaced pass.

Twats.

Be difficult for him to look any heavier, like. He went from Ben Mitchell to Phil Mitchell in the space of about 12 months.

Mancini has two excellent, motivated, high performing strikers up front and his team are flying high in the league. Why would it be bad for Mancini?

As far as I am concerned, Tevez has taken the piss completely with zero reason. Man City should sack him, stop paying his wages, but hold on to his registration so he can't play for anyone.