Manchester City

OzzieMandias

i feel sorry for grown men that hate man city,  just grow up, so what if they got all the money in the world , who gives a toss how they got it,.  worry about your own team.  You're like 8 year olds who hated a classmate because his dad had a bigger house and drives 4 cars.  Get over it.

these are the same tossers who hated chelsea when they inherited roman's billions, and the same people that would be dancing in the streets if our own club got over taken by some multi billionaire arab family.

i dont love man city and i certainly don't hate them, but i sure as hell like them a lot more than those man utd scums and them red scouse bastards!  :frantic:

Why on earth would it be bye bye to Mancini?

He might be p*ssed off with all this, its not the first time its happened, so he may decide to walk?

Because one of his substitutes is a cunt?

What planet do you live on, seriously?

Souness summed up tevez perfectly on sky sports. 

"Disgrace to football. Epitomises what the man in the street thinks is wrong with modern game."

"Disgrace to football. Epitomises what the man in the street thinks is wrong with modern game."

:thup:

Would love to see Tevez try and tell someone like Souness that he's refusing to come on.

For all his bravado, wasn't it leaked that Souness was overawed by the swathes of fearless 20-somethings who wouldn't automatically show him respect and who he couldn't control?

Would love to see Tevez try and tell someone like Souness that he's refusing to come on.

For all his bravado, wasn't it leaked that Souness was overawed by the swathes of fearless 20-somethings who wouldn't automatically show him respect and who he couldn't control?

Better pundit than manager.

If they sack him, then he can't play football for the remainder of his contract and his career is then probably over. City are rich enough to deal with this in their own way, but it's ironic that this has happened given the wages they have chucked around over the last 3 years. You end up reaping what you sow.

Chucking a wobble such as this is nout new for the modern day footballer. I remember Kieron Dyer refusing to play right wing for us, during Sir Bobby's days and also chucking away the captains armband like a dirty rag. He should have never been allowed to play for the club again after that. Then again I guess we couldn't afford to bin him. Many modern day top-flight footballers are so removed from reality, it's untrue. Sad times.

Relatedly, (altho not really anything to do with City, but relevant to Souness) I knew someone who was in the dressing room at NUFC and I remember being told that before a trip to Spurs away around New Years  Stephen Carr was still recovering from an injury and Souness tried to pick him anyway. Carr refused to play and the medical staff backed him up - they were sick of being made to look inept in public when Souness blamed the massive number of injuries we had on everything that went wrong, and then pulled stunts like this.

Carr still refused and Terry Mac then comes over shouting how he played European Cup matches with worse than that and Carr was a disgrace. Souness went public with it and gave the story to Alan Oliver - making Carr look a complete tit:

Souness in Carr collisionJan 2 2006

By Alan Oliver, The Evening Chronicle

Graeme Souness had a bust-up with defender Stephen Carr before the Newcastle squad flew to London for Saturday's game with Spurs.

And the outcome was that, after originally being named in the squad to go to his former club, the 29-year-old former Republic of Ireland international did not even travel.

I understand that at one point Souness asked Carr if he was fully committed to Newcastle United - and there is now talk that the defender may ask for a transfer.

Whether that happens, or whether the incident is dead, remains to be seen.

As it turned out, Souness was gone in a month.

John Beresford tells a similar story when he refused to play for us under Dalglish:

Liverpool (a) 3-4 Premiership 10/3/1997

"This was the one where we got absolutely murdered in the first half and were 3-0 down. It was also the one where a fan came up to the bench and threw his shirt at Kenny. It was also the beginning of the end for me. I was out with a thigh muscle strain and I'd failed a fitness test which was still really painful. Kenny asked me if I'd go on the bench as he was struggling to put down five names. I looked at Derek Wright [physio] who looked as bemused as me. "OK," I said, "But I can't play."

"We lost Beardsley and Clarkie through injury and Ginola and Les came on, who weren't 100%. Les lasted about ten minutes of the second half before it was obvious he was struggling. Kenny turned to me and said, "Go and warm up." I couldn't believe it. I just looked at him and said, "No. I'm injured." "You what?" he said. At that moment my career at United was over. In the end, Jimmy Crawford went on and I turned to Wrighty and muttered, "I bloody knew that would happen."

"The next game was Coventry at home and my injury had settled down a bit by then and I was definitely OK to be on the bench. In the dressing room in front of everyone he named the team and turned to me and said, "I'm not putting you on the bench because you probably wouldn't come on anyway." In the end he just named four subs.

"Of course, I got back into the side and we qualified for the Champions League but I don't think Kenny ever forgave me, which seemed totally unfair."

Not hard to imagine Souness taking the hard line with Tevez when justified then, he does it when its totally unjustified. Personally I think the fabled 'Liverpool way' may play some part in Dalglish and Souness's thinking. Theres some ex Liverpool player on the after dinner circuit (I for get who) who for part of his act will ask the room "Who can remember the Liverpool physio's name when we won the cup in 1980 whenever it was?" Answer: "Nobody".

I don't know if anyone remembers Phil Boersma? He was a mate of Souness' from Liverpool who ended up doing most of the physio work while someone very highly regarded (Paul Winsper, I think) stood around doing nothing. He got sacked suddenly and quietly at the FA Cup semi final farce because when everyone woke up on the day of the game Boersma was still up drinking from the night before! Possibly its the likes of Souness, Saunders, Boersma and McDermott who may explain the constant crippling injury crisies in the Souness days and not "Lady Luck". Heard alot of other stories of complete incompetence from that era as well.

I strongly suspect that Dalglish is a similar sort of dinosaur to Souness and that Liverpool are heading into a mess with him in charge. I also still need to put the TV on mute whenever Souness appears. Nowt to do with City, but there you go.

I'd love Man City to just let Tevez rot, well as much as you can rot on his wages but in a football sense just see out his contract and not use him, they can afford it.  Just make it train on his own or with the kids,  every time he refuses, fine him and give the money to charity.  He really is a disgrace to the game and his profession and be good to see him miss out on probably the best years of his career due to his shitty attitude, no world cup in 2014, miss the copa america.

Relatedly, (altho not really anything to do with City, but relevant to Souness) I knew someone who was in the dressing room at NUFC and I remember being told that before a trip to Spurs away around New Years  Stephen Carr was still recovering from an injury and Souness tried to pick him anyway. Carr refused to play and the medical staff backed him up - they were sick of being made to look inept in public when Souness blamed the massive number of injuries we had on everything that went wrong, and then pulled stunts like this.

Carr still refused and Terry Mac then comes over shouting how he played European Cup matches with worse than that and Carr was a disgrace. Souness went public with it and gave the story to Alan Oliver - making Carr look a complete tit:

Graeme Souness had a bust-up with defender Stephen Carr before the Newcastle squad flew to London for Saturday's game with Spurs.

And the outcome was that, after originally being named in the squad to go to his former club, the 29-year-old former Republic of Ireland international did not even travel.

I understand that at one point Souness asked Carr if he was fully committed to Newcastle United - and there is now talk that the defender may ask for a transfer.

John Beresford tells a similar story when he refused to play for us under Dalglish:

"This was the one where we got absolutely murdered in the first half and were 3-0 down. It was also the one where a fan came up to the bench and threw his shirt at Kenny. It was also the beginning of the end for me. I was out with a thigh muscle strain and I'd failed a fitness test which was still really painful. Kenny asked me if I'd go on the bench as he was struggling to put down five names. I looked at Derek Wright [physio] who looked as bemused as me. "OK," I said, "But I can't play."

"We lost Beardsley and Clarkie through injury and Ginola and Les came on, who weren't 100%. Les lasted about ten minutes of the second half before it was obvious he was struggling. Kenny turned to me and said, "Go and warm up." I couldn't believe it. I just looked at him and said, "No. I'm injured." "You what?" he said. At that moment my career at United was over. In the end, Jimmy Crawford went on and I turned to Wrighty and muttered, "I bloody knew that would happen."

"The next game was Coventry at home and my injury had settled down a bit by then and I was definitely OK to be on the bench. In the dressing room in front of everyone he named the team and turned to me and said, "I'm not putting you on the bench because you probably wouldn't come on anyway." In the end he just named four subs.

"Of course, I got back into the side and we qualified for the Champions League but I don't think Kenny ever forgave me, which seemed totally unfair."

Not hard to imagine Souness taking the hard line with Tevez when justified then, he does it when its totally unjustified. Personally I think the fabled 'Liverpool way' may play some part in Dalglish and Souness's thinking. Theres some ex Liverpool player on the after dinner circuit (I for get who) who for part of his act will ask the room "Who can remember the Liverpool physio's name when we won the cup in 1980 whenever it was?" Answer: "Nobody".

I don't know if anyone remembers Phil Boersma? He was a mate of Souness' from Liverpool who ended up doing most of the physio work while someone very highly regarded (Paul Winsper, I think) stood around doing nothing. He got sacked suddenly and quietly at the FA Cup semi final farce because when everyone woke up on the day of the game Boersma was still up drinking from the night before! Possibly its the likes of Souness, Saunders, Boersma and McDermott who may explain the constant crippling injury crisies in the Souness days and not "Lady Luck". Heard alot of other stories of complete incompetence from that era as well.

I strongly suspect that Dalglish is a similar sort of dinosaur to Souness and that Liverpool are heading into a mess with him in charge. I also still need to put the TV on mute whenever Souness appears. Nowt to do with City, but there you go.

Pissed me off seeing Souness on SSN saying how selfish Tevez was, selfish is binning players like Bellamy and Robert for non-footballing reasons and flushing our UEFA Cup chances down the toilet to satisfy your own ego. Fucking shithead.

I'd love Man City to just let Tevez rot, well as much as you can rot on his wages but in a football sense just see out his contract and not use him, they can afford it.  Just make it train on his own or with the kids,  every time he refuses, fine him and give the money to charity.  He really is a disgrace to the game and his profession and be good to see him miss out on probably the best years of his career due to his shitty attitude, no world cup in 2014, miss the copa america.

Very interesting post from alexthegreat btw. Insightful

And Dzeko :lol: :lol: :lol:

i feel sorry for grown men that hate man city,  just grow up, so what if they got all the money in the world , who gives a toss how they got it,.  worry about your own team.  You're like 8 year olds who hated a classmate because his dad had a bigger house and drives 4 cars.  Get over it.

these are the same tossers who hated chelsea when they inherited roman's billions, and the same people that would be dancing in the streets if our own club got over taken by some multi billionaire arab family.

i dont love man city and i certainly don't hate them, but i sure as hell like them a lot more than those man utd scums and them red scouse bastards!  :frantic:

It's precisely because we do worry about our own team that we hate Man City. Suddenly one of the top four places has gone, and wages have gone totally insane. The lottery wins of Chelsea and Man City have totally fucked over teams like ourselves and yourselves, who had the potential to be regular challengers for the top three or four.

Why do you hate Man U and Liverpool? Personally I have never had a particular problem with Man U, but I hate Liverpool because when I was a kid, Spurs were pretty good, but Liverpool won everything. Where I grew up, you were Spurs, Arsenal or Liverpool. I hated Liverpool because of their impact on my team, not some abstract sad notion that scousers steal stuff or some such nonsense.

This post hurts my eyes. There's something wrong if you can't see how what Man City are doing is affecting everyone.

Why do you hate Man Utd and Liverpool, grown man?

Souness also rushed Steven Taylor back too soon when he did his shoulder and it went again a few minutes into the match at Liverpool.  Probably set the lad back a fair bit at a key stage in his development as he was only young at the time and it took him a long to recover from it.

Souness was an inept manager.

As for Tevez, lots of wrongs don't make a right, but Rooney pulled a massive strop last season. How many games did he miss? Did any of the pundits mention that?

He signed the new deal two days after saying he wanted to leave. I highly doubt he missed any.