Not worthy of a thread - 2018 FIFA World Cup edition

OzzieMandias
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can't fucking wait.  Can't be doing with international football at all mid-season, "oh England have got an important qualifier on ITV tonight have they, might watch the highlights if I remember"

World Cup starts and I'm given something important to do at half 3 at work: "sorry like, Morocco vs Iran's on in half an hour, get someone else to do it, I'm away"

Can't f***ing wait.  Can't be doing with international football at all mid-season, "oh England have got an important qualifier on ITV tonight have they, might watch the highlights if I remember"

World Cup starts and I'm given something important to do at half 3 at work: "sorry like, Morocco vs Iran's on in half an hour, get someone else to do it, I'm away"

:lol: spot on :thup:

Guest chopey

Just bought my world cup replica trophy beer glass from eBay

Link us up marra.

I see Neymar is back for Brazil. :thup:

I'm not sure how on my phone it's the 450ml one £5.49 with free delivery looks like the real world cup when filled with lager

Our 'tached supreme tactical genius revealed the final squad. The ferking bald piggie removed our boys Tashaev and Rausch from the mix. The coont :lol: Now I honestly can't remember when was the last time I was so detached from the National squad. Back in 94 when some morons (Kanchekskis, Mostovoi, Shalimov and Kolyvanov among others) wrote a collective letter to the Federation demanding a change of coach right before the World Cup? Some still went, but I can't to this day forgive those who didn't. Well, aside from Igor Dobrovolski. Perhaps the infamous bonus payment crapstorm right before Euro 96? The sad, Clough-like drunken demise of Romantsev in Japan/South Korea when his personal bias prevailed and he didn't call up a couple of key players? But boy, does the current team lack quality compared to any of the above-mentioned. Zhirkov made it, and he's like 40. Denis Cheryshev will undoubtedly get injured again. Genuinely bad central defenders, mediocre at best. Aside from a few youngsters, nothing to crow about. And of course it is generally amusing how after years of Hiddink, Advocaat and Capello the gurus at the Fedration decided that a divisive figure like Cherchesov would be able to light a fire of enthusiasm among the fans. Sure, he was a respected goalkeeper back in the day, but ask any Dynamo or Spartak fans what they think of him. Exactly. This is the kind of job that in theory should electrify and excite, give hope and all. And they ended up hiring him. After the bore draw fetishist Slutsky. I mean, come on.

Expectations range from three hopeless defeats to topping the group cos Saudis are crap and Salah can't win games on his own and Uruguay's key players are going to be involved in transfer sagas. Yes, that kind of contrast. Personally, I think we might get the second spot and then get outclassed in the round of 16. Our coach opted against giving a large group of youngsters a genuine chance. His choice, only results will show if he was right.

Cherchersov is Ossetian natonality-wise and there are a lot of jokes about how hard it must have been to choose between Gabulov (somehow managed to win the league with Brugge despite being almost 40 and everyone knows it's illegal to play football there if you're over the age of 25) and Dzhanaev to fill in that crucial third keeper spot. :lol: Yes, you guessed it, those two guys are also Ossetian and Gabulov who ended up getting the call is now the butt-end of every possible joke regarding squad cheerleading and getting a drink for the head coach. :D Used to play for us, oh how time flies.

In other news - two idiots working at the Shermetievo airport somehow counldn't resist the temptation to nick Nwankwo Kanu's unattended suitcase and removed the $11K from it. Before getting caught within several minutes, because their cunning plan did not include the whole "cameras are everywhere" thing. The cash was returned to the owner and he went on to Kaliningrad where Nigeria will play their opening fixture. Personally, I blame GTA and MTV. Also, their manager supposedly banned interaction with women during the tournament. Is that true? Because it sure as hell works every single time. Not.

Bought myself a trendy themed hat. Vacation starts tomorrow. Best days are still ahead.

I assume that Iniesta and Asensio will be starting for Spain? Will Silva start as well? Also, Willian likely to be.starting for Brazil?

I guess it's hard to say for sure, but would appreciate your input :)

Which group games are people most looking forward to? Aside from spain Portugal of course

Egypt v Uruguay

Peru v Denmark

Colombia v Poland

Argentina v Croatia

Mexico v Sweden

Hopefully all will have something riding on it.