Alan Pardew

JH

Hopefully we set up like we did last week.

The front three of HBA  Cisse  Ba could swing it. Play to our strengths, as Mick says. Their CBs will shit themselves if Ben Arfa goes on a couple of his runs.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newcastle-Alan-Pardew-would-love-to-finish-above-big-spending-Liverpool-article885011.html

“I’m loving it here. I don’t want to go anywhere else.

“In the past when I’ve been a manager, I’ve kept one eye on ­vacancies and thought, ‘That would be nice’.

“But I don’t think like that now. You get to a certain age as a manager and you know that the grass isn’t ­always greener.”

hmmm doubt he'd get a better job than this, not to say he wouldn't get a similar one but doubt he'd get a shot at a champions league job and we're just at the point now of beginning to knock on that door as a club.

Acknowledging he was a bit of a twat earlier though, suppose nicely honest  :lol:

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newcastle-Alan-Pardew-would-love-to-finish-above-big-spending-Liverpool-article885011.html

“In the past when I’ve been a manager, I’ve kept one eye on ­vacancies and thought, ‘That would be nice’.

“But I don’t think like that now. You get to a certain age as a manager and you know that the grass isn’t ­always greener.”

Sounds like his approach to fanny.

Guest neesy111

:pardsgrin:

:pardsgrin:

Textbook :lol:

Been posted yet?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/9178124/Newcastle-United-manager-Alan-Pardew-fears-rich-clubs-could-break-Uefa-fair-play-rules.html

Newcastle entertain Liverpool on Sunday with the chance to go 11 points clear of their big spending rivals as they close in on a Europa League place.

But Pardew knows Newcastle’s ability to compete for a top-six position in the future largely depends on Uefa’s enforcement of its new rules which will prevent clubs bankrolled by rich owners from spending more than they earn.

Newcastle announced earlier this month they had almost broken even for the previous financial year and they are expected to make a profit in the current one in anticipation of the new regulations.

“It should close the gap, but I’ve seen a worrying report on that and how the big clubs are beginning to manoeuvre around it,” said Pardew.

“They do it with commercial deals and loopholes and they will throw money at it in a way to find them. We’re going to fit in quite nicely to it so I hope the authorities are going to come down hard [on those who break the rules].

Clubs like ourselves, Napoli, Athletic Bilbao, could really come to the fore. If we’re going to say it’s fair, it has to be strict and it has to be policed.

“They’ve got to enforce suspensions [from European competition] if we want to even the market up. If we’re going to do it, do it properly and go hard at it.”

Newcastle have surprised everyone this season by maintaining their pursuit of European qualification and Pardew admitted there will be extra satisfaction in finishing above Liverpool because they lured two of their best players, Andy Carroll and Jose Enrique, to Anfield in 2011.

“Finishing above them would certainly make the wine taste even nicer in the summer,” he said. “I’m at a stage of my life where I appreciate the grass isn’t always greener, I don’t want to go anywhere else because I’m loving it here.

“The players who left, maybe they were too young to realise the grass could have got greener here. It’s too late now.

“We have to be careful because if we open the door they will go flying through it with players like Suarez, Gerrard, Kuyt and Carroll.

“We all have to take credit for the state of the balance sheet, but it’s about results. It’s not going to be easy to finish above them, they have agood run in and they will have a good chance of overhauling us if they win the game on Sunday.

“It’s an important game. I know our fans are excited and the stadium will be rocking. We haven’t really been firing on all cylinders at home, but we did at West Brom and that has given everyone a spring in their step.”

:megusta:

Guest Howaythetoon

He got pretty much everything right today but I thought Jonas at left-back was a poor decision and even more to not only carry on with him but failing to bring Cabye out from his narror position in midfield to protect him. Liverpool constantly got joy down there and that was a concern. But we won and won well, we were very comfortable all game and played some really good football. I was disappointed we decided to sit back and contain after going 2-0 up because they really were there for the taking, but the players ran their socks off and probably would have ran out of steam. Our pressing was immense by the way and this is a Pardew trait so well done to the man for a great win and a decent performance in general.

Hes had it right defensively all season and hes now showing the attacking intent also. Class man. Look at the two strikers hes given us and now hes turned perch into Maldini, what more could people need!

Hes had it right defensively all season and hes now showing the attacking intent also. Class man. Look at the two strikers hes given us and now hes turned perch into Maldini, what more could people need!