James Tavernier joins Rangers

Skirge

Canny :thup:

Hope he gets a runout at some point next season, from what I've heard, he does like to get forward (an attribute which Simpson lacked at times last season).

I think he's got a lot of useful attributes, and that he'll be a success here. If he can muster 10 appearances next season it'll be a big breakthrough for him, much like little Shane did in our first season back.

Two very attacking full backs (the management/coaching staff seem to see Ferguson as a left back, get over it).

Santon and Debuchy with Tav and Ferguson behind them.... no more are the days where our full backs cant contribute to the attack  :smug: ( assuming we sign Debuchy)

• 3 weeks later...

Never going to make it as a cb. But he has everything to suceed. He just has this aura of a top class player like Cabaye, Tiote, Cisse and Colo. Never stressed. Always seems so calm and can actually play.

Did play some really lovley passes. Even took over the roll as the ball playing center back from colo :lol:

Never going to make it as a cb.

Who the f*** are yee like, the commentator from the match?

wouldn´t want him to play against players like Drogba exactly. Seems to be small for that. But I would happily be corrected. Don´t doubt his footballing ability though.

Looks like those loan spells have done his confidence a lot of good. Thought he looked very shaky last pre-season but the plaudits he's getting now just shows how far he's come.

A bright future awaits.

Pardew says he sees him as a CB in post-match interview, saying it gives him another option in a position where we are weak.

Just to further this, Pardew says because he is fast it makes up for the inexperience he might show, which is important in young centre backs.