James Tavernier joins Rangers

Skirge

Guest VaVaVoom

Size is a worry, but having another ball playing CB is nice. Still not going to be brilliant for defending set pieces.

Looks a RB for me. He did do well at CB but also think he is by far and away too small to play there. Will be a good understudy to Debuchy whilst having Saylor and Coloccini to learn defensive qualities from too.

Very well placed to learn and become a top quality defender and i think this season will be his chance.

I also think we will see Paul Dummett in cup games too. Maybe even Remie Streete although this season will probably be a little early. He might end up training with the 1st team like Abeid and Tav have.

Wonder if Pards saying he sees Tav as a CB is like when he said he saw HBA as playing just behind striker only...

Probably just giving the lad a bit of confidence and softening the blow early if those above fail to bring in another centre half.

It's always good to have options and if Tavernier at CB is one of them then so be it.

Mentioned this in the Fenerbahce match thread...is it conceivable to think that Tavernier is the contingency plan at CB if we fail to sign one this summer? :undecided:

• 2 months later...

Thought he looked better than any of the Man u youth, defended well and got forward well.

That's what happens when you start them off in the Conference at the Heed ;) Can we have a few more, we're garbage at the minute.

Pleased for the lad!