Stevenage 3 - 1 Newcastle Utd (FA Cup) - 08/01/11 - post match reaction from p34

Dave

Some observations:

Alan Smith is a horrible c*** of a man. I genuinely hate him and would sacrifice a finger for him to retire. Thick piece of s***.

James Perch.. If our reserve players are not better than what he is right now we might as well close down the academy and save the money. Shocking player.

Williamson, Nolan, Simpson, Best and Routledge all played their worst Newcastle match so far.

A collective meltdown of epic proportions. Shameful.

To sum it up;  :dowie: :facepalm: :no:

Ps: Mariner is a buswanker of the highest order. Was not even a free kick and he managed to pull out a red card. Wow, just wow.

surely the fa should have a look at that but I doubt they will...

We could of done with Mark Messier in midfield & Mike Richter in goal today.

11 Hugh Jessimans would have been better than what we managed today

I guess all of those fans who weren't bothered about today will now be happy?

A disgraceful and gutless performance from players who clearly felt the same way as those who believe the FA Cup means nothing. As shameful a performance I've seen in my nigh on 30 years of following this club. Some of those fringe players should never wear the shirt again- completely unacceptable. Also the manager needs to take a good look at himself - I mean starting with two right footed players down our left hand side?! :angry:

Guest Heneage

Today Alan Pardew learnt a harsh lesson about Smith and Nolan. Lets hope he doesn't forget it. Pardew has had Tiote available every game this season. Hopefully now he understands how the team completely capitulates without him in there. People talking about gross mismanagement on here are being petty. Today was all about Nolan and Smith not being capable against a League 2 midfield. Now Pardew knows.

Gahaha, what makes you think watching this game is any different to him supposedly watching all our other games? Every f***er who follows this club knows Smith is w***, and knew (literally) years ago. Pardew will see this as an unfortunate blip, I'm sure.

Tbh I don't blame Pardew. I compared this game to Accrington, even then you'd think Smith would be able to handle it.

A few players might have been selected out of position today and a few that aren't rated (ie Smith) but I can't see how anyone can blame Pardew for that. The performances of each and every player were utterly disgusting. I'm not going to go through every player but team captain Kevin Nolan never even wanted the ball. He never once put his foot on it and tried to play ridiculous first time passes. Very poor leadership.

The kids should have played, at least they would have had something to prove and an incentive.  We played far too many players who weren't interested or not good enough and that is down to one person.  If Pardew comes up here tonight he should be swinging from the Tyne Bridge

fookin shocking result.

laughing stock of english football today

the southern media will have a complete wankfest about this

and now with tiote out and a dosey arseclown for a manager i can see us getting raped off the beasts down the road, cause we'll no doubt have smith starting against them and he needs to just fook right off. expensive waste of a Newcastle shirt.

People blaming the manager 100% for this is laughable.  Players are more to blame in matches like these, clearly they underestimated the match and have been complacent.

A manager's primary job should be to motivate players and to provide them with a gameplan that gives those players a good chance of beating the opposition/exploiting weaknesses/etc. Footballers are people, and like many people they aren't going to motivate themselves into doing the best they can at all times. The whole point of a Premiership club appointing a "reputable" manager (experienced or not) and giving them a contract worth millions is to attract individuals with the motivational and tactical abilities that the average fan on the street lacks.

It is therefore Pardew's job to motivate the players he had out there against Stevenage. Unless there's a clear reason as to why all of his players weren't motivated (e.g. dressing room revolt), then the buck stops with him. If the players weren't up to facing a lower league side, then he's the one being paid to motivate them and get them performing well out there. Maybe this could be written off as a one-off performance, after all even the top teams can struggle now and again when it comes to an FA Cup tie away to a minnow side who set out to make life difficult, but then this performance and the manner of the defeat against a pretty crap team was shockingly abysmal, as though there was no gameplan, tactics or drilling at all. Furthermore, the substitutions he made seemed ill thought out, having zero impact on the game and again ruining what little shape the team had. I'm all for "going for broke", but there's a difference between that and chasing a 2 goal lead by going from 4-4-2 to 4-5-1. For me, ignoring his track record and judging by his time here only, this was the first tangible sign we've had that Ashley has appointed someone totally inept/clueless, someone no different to the likes of Souness/Allardyce/Kinnear/etc when it comes to managerial abilities on match day.

Today Alan Pardew learnt a harsh lesson about Smith and Nolan. Lets hope he doesn't forget it. Pardew has had Tiote available every game this season. Hopefully now he understands how the team completely capitulates without him in there. People talking about gross mismanagement on here are being petty. Today was all about Nolan and Smith not being capable against a League 2 midfield. Now Pardew knows.

Gahaha, what makes you think watching this game is any different to him supposedly watching all our other games? Every f***er who follows this club knows Smith is w***, and knew (literally) years ago. Pardew will see this as an unfortunate blip, I'm sure.

If that is the case then God help us all. However, judging by the panicked decision to throw on Tiote for him even though the game was up, I'm hoping it dawned on him that Smith was the reason nothing worked.

Guest palnese

Williamson is primitive.

Worst game I've seen him in. I like the guy normally, but it was like he'd been date raped by Tiote before leaving the changing room.

You can see he's played in the Nationwide his whole career.

I don't think I've seen a player more uncomfortable on the ball.

Move on, one of those days.

We will still beat the mackems even if cheicks out, theyve still got bigger problems.

what problems?

I hear theyve got one or two of their midfield out for a while.

:lol: sorry don't mean to be cheeky, but i dont follow them much so not sure who you're on about! i recall something about one of them being stretchered off recently? can't be fucked to look it up :lol:

The faults at 50/50 manager/players tbh. Disgraceful performance all round - but Tmonkey's absolutely right, Pardew's job is to motivate the players. Sure, complacency happens, but you could tell form the word go that Pardew had been in the dressing room beforehand telling the players that the result should take care of itself. Disgraceful preparation. The tactics at half-time made it almost impossible to overturn, just as they did at Spurs.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Williamson is primitive.

Worst game I've seen him in. I like the guy normally, but it was like he'd been date raped by Tiote before leaving the changing room.

He's so fucking slow as well, I'm seriously unfit but I could beat him in a race.

Guest RowanB

The most alarming thing is the lack of squad depth. Take a few players out and you really are struggling. If we have a near full strength side for around 12 of our remaining fixtures, I fancy us to avoid relegation, but a few long-term injuries to key players, and it's going to be very very difficult.

Some observations:

Alan Smith is a horrible c*** of a man. I genuinely hate him and would sacrifice a finger for him to retire. Thick piece of s***.

James Perch.. If our reserve players are not better than what he is right now we might as well close down the academy and save the money. Shocking player.

Williamson, Nolan, Simpson, Best and Routledge all played their worst Newcastle match so far.

A collective meltdown of epic proportions. Shameful.

To sum it up;  :dowie: :facepalm: :no:

Ps: Mariner is a buswanker of the highest order. Was not even a free kick and he managed to pull out a red card. Wow, just wow.

surely the fa should have a look at that but I doubt they will...

We could of done with Mark Messier in midfield & Mike Richter in goal today.

11 Hugh Jessimans would have been better than what we managed today

He is due a debut.

Williamson is primitive.

He knocks the ball out every time it comes anywhere near him. Hurt us today.

Move on, one of those days.

We will still beat the mackems even if cheicks out, theyve still got bigger problems.

what problems?

I hear theyve got one or two of their midfield out for a while.

:lol: sorry don't mean to be cheeky, but i dont follow them much so not sure who you're on about! i recall something about one of them being stretchered off recently? can't be f***ed to look it up :lol:

Cattermole's crocked as is meylor or w/e the fucks his name as is welbeck (imo their best player) i dont follow the fuckers at all i just listen to their pathetic whimperings at work.

"Stevenage gave us problems"

"4 or 5 player on empty"

"Some younger players need to understand the physical & effort demands of football"

"Going to appeal CT red card"

All above from Pards may be slightly out.

If there were 4 or 5 players who were knackered why did he decide to play them all?

A few players might have been selected out of position today and a few that aren't rated (ie Smith) but I can't see how anyone can blame Pardew for that. The performances of each and every player were utterly disgusting. I'm not going to go through every player but team captain Kevin Nolan never even wanted the ball. He never once put his foot on it and tried to play ridiculous first time passes. Very poor leadership.

The kids should have played, at least they would have had something to prove and an incentive.  We played far too many players who weren't interested or not good enough and that is down to one person.  If Pardew comes up here tonight he should be swinging from the Tyne Bridge

I don't agree. If he played the kids everyone would have complained about not taking the cup seriously. Secondly, what we have to appreciate is that the team is really this bad without Tiote in midfield, as unbelievable as it seems. Nothing to do with them not being interested imo. If Tiote is out Barton has to be central and Nolan should either sit or be pushed up top. Hopefully Pardew understands this now. I imagine he couldn't believe what he was seeing today.