SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

Martinez has only got to spend what he makes next season according to Whelan (even more incredible he stayed) so we really need for him to get in to gear and then I'm sure all parties, us, Martinez and zoggy can push through the deal for £9m and Whelan backs down from being a cunt.

I don't see how they can accept £9m less than a year ago and expect more for him now. It's bizarre.

To be fair there'll be a lot more interest for him now. Last year it was Birmingham & Sunderland, this year you're going to get the likes of Liverpool and top clubs abroad having a look.

I don't see how they can accept £9m less than a year ago and expect more for him now. It's bizarre.

I think the Ashley/Whelan rivalry has probably pushed the price up a couple of million. I'm pretty sure if Sunderland slapped in a £9million bid it would be accepted.

I think the Ashley/Whelan rivalry has probably pushed the price up a couple of million. I'm pretty sure if Sunderland slapped in a £9million bid it would be accepted.

and the fact we offered 12 in jan (if that even happened)

Personally I think the whole Whelan/Ashley thing is overplayed.

Yeah i've always thought it sounded a bit far-fetched. They're primarily rivals in merchandising; they're still businessmen at the end of the day and when it comes to football, and particularly transfers, i don't think any animosity between the pair would have any sway on transactions.

The reason why Wigan want more from the likes of us than the top four is obvious, it's purely because we're more of an immediate rival. I would ask a hell of a lot more from Liverpool for Enrique than i would Barcelona, for example. It's exactly the same thing.

Was with my mate this morning and got a few general bits of gossip that i thought i'd pass on.

The Yobo deal (which is the only one he is involved directly in) is still in a very delicate position and has a danger of collapsing, Everton want £4m and their last offer is £3m (although they have paid a sizeable loan fee for the season)and at the minute neither sides wants to move. Yobo has set his heart on a move to Fenerbache (understandable given the success he's enjoyed this season). Yobo is on a very good contract and its unlikely at the minute any English team would want him on those terms, if this deal collpases we could easily have a more poorer transfer budget and a player on very good wages who doesn't want to be here. The agent believes the deal will be done but something needs to be sorted soon.

I can't go into specifics (although i suspect they'll be in the papers over the next few days) there has been extensive contact between those that represent N'zogbia and people at Everton. The contact,which has been as i say extensive, has given Everton the impression that if they can push through the sales of Yobo and the Yak they are in a very good position to sign N'zogbia.

That's from an 'ITK' on bluekipper who has got a few things right beore. His mate is a football agent.

He posted about us being interested in N'Zogbia before it was in the Mirror.

Yeah i've always thought it sounded a bit far-fetched. They're primarily rivals in merchandising; they're still businessmen at the end of the day and when it comes to football, and particularly transfers, i don't think any animosity between the pair would have any sway on transactions.

The reason why Wigan want more from the likes of us than the top four is obvious, it's purely because we're more of an immediate rival. I would ask a hell of a lot more from Liverpool for Enrique than i would Barcelona, for example. It's exactly the same thing.

If they're primarily businessmen they'll take the best offer regardless of who it comes from. This talk about not selling to rivals is just a smokescreen imo. We could finish next season 6th with them 16th, you can't build a pricing structure on such vague terms.

He could only move abroad I think

Said if he moves it will be to a club in this country. 'League is in his veins' or summit he said.

I meant on a Webster, he couldn't move to a club in this country on a Webster

Was with my mate this morning and got a few general bits of gossip that i thought i'd pass on.

The Yobo deal (which is the only one he is involved directly in) is still in a very delicate position and has a danger of collapsing, Everton want £4m and their last offer is £3m (although they have paid a sizeable loan fee for the season)and at the minute neither sides wants to move. Yobo has set his heart on a move to Fenerbache (understandable given the success he's enjoyed this season). Yobo is on a very good contract and its unlikely at the minute any English team would want him on those terms, if this deal collpases we could easily have a more poorer transfer budget and a player on very good wages who doesn't want to be here. The agent believes the deal will be done but something needs to be sorted soon.

I can't go into specifics (although i suspect they'll be in the papers over the next few days) there has been extensive contact between those that represent N'zogbia and people at Everton. The contact,which has been as i say extensive, has given Everton the impression that if they can push through the sales of Yobo and the Yak they are in a very good position to sign N'zogbia.

That's from an 'ITK' on bluekipper who has got a few things right beore. His mate is a football agent.

He posted about us being interested in N'Zogbia before it was in the Mirror.

Here's hoping Ba & N'Zogbia are this summer's Parker & Emre then.

And just because he'd prefer to come here doesn't mean he'll only come here. If we mess around, I'm sure he'd have no problem going to a Liverpool or Aston Villa. It isn't 'Newcastle or nothing', so we need to do this now - right now!

This. The waiting game is a massive gamble...........one I'm not too comfortable with!

The lad has one year left on his contract though. The price should be less, if anything.

I think Whelan wakes up every morning and asks a mirror who the worst owner is and is always disappointed to hear Ashley.