Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

Park Chu-Young "definitely" leaving Monaco in the summer regardless of whether they're relegated or not.

There's apparently concrete interest from Juventus. Would love it if we could somehow get him.

Would be a decent coup this.

But what is this? For how long would he be missing? "[...]he still has to complete military service in his home country unless he wins a medal at the 2012 Olympics."

<The "Park Chu-Young National Service Status" summary>

Basically, the guy needs to go to the military. He's got three options.

(1) He can go back to Korea and play for our Army team for two years. Our Army team plays in the first division so it's still a reasonably high standard of football. Players can only apply for the Army team before their 28th birthday, so he would have to return to Korea for two years after completion of the 2012/2013 season.

(2) Alternatively, he could play for the Police Force team for two years instead. The Police Force team accepts players until their 30th birthday, so he could continue his career in Europe up to the 2014/2015 season. However, the Police Force team plays in our second division so once he's released at 32 years of age he's probably done as a top-level player.

(3) The final option is to just sit on it and see out his career, and then go enlist as a soldier for two years just like everybody else. Trust me, you do not want to enlist as a soldier in the ROK Armed Forces at 35 years of age. It sucks. Bad. This isn't really an option.

(4) Well, I guess he could just go and win a medal at the London Olympics, securing a legal exemption. Good luck with that.

And yes, this situation is ridiculous and does suck.

Can he not just never return to South Korea? That´s what I would do at least.

Anyone know how Vladmiar Weiss has done at Rangers?! Always been impressed with him whenever Ive seen him. Cant see him having a future at Man City and can play a fair few positions from what I can remember of him.

Almeria relegated so he's available fairly cheap. Definite yes from me.

I haven't seen a massive amount of him but from what I have seen, he looks a decent player with a lot of potential. How much do you think it would cost to get him in?

Remember Pablo Piatti being linked a few months ago, worth a go?

Linked with Wigan this morning iirc. Think it was them.

Aye, just seen that, £3m bid apparently. At that price, I really hope we're in for him.

Under 5 million I'd think.

Would be worth a punt, although while I always say you don't need to be massive to make it in England - the lad is 5 foot 4... very small.

Despite his obvious ability, his size is worrying. Can't see it working out if he does come over here.

Under 5 million I'd think.

Would be worth a punt, although while I always say you don't need to be massive to make it in England - the lad is 5 foot 4... very small.

Despite his obvious ability, his size is worrying. Can't see it working out if he does come over here.

Can see it working out to his advantage actually. He will be a weird one to handle for bigger defenders. Anyway - size is overrated.

Park Chu-Young "definitely" leaving Monaco in the summer regardless of whether they're relegated or not.

There's apparently concrete interest from Juventus. Would love it if we could somehow get him.

Would be a decent coup this.

But what is this? For how long would he be missing? "[...]he still has to complete military service in his home country unless he wins a medal at the 2012 Olympics."

<The "Park Chu-Young National Service Status" summary>

Basically, the guy needs to go to the military. He's got three options.

(1) He can go back to Korea and play for our Army team for two years. Our Army team plays in the first division so it's still a reasonably high standard of football. Players can only apply for the Army team before their 28th birthday, so he would have to return to Korea for two years after completion of the 2012/2013 season.

(2) Alternatively, he could play for the Police Force team for two years instead. The Police Force team accepts players until their 30th birthday, so he could continue his career in Europe up to the 2014/2015 season. However, the Police Force team plays in our second division so once he's released at 32 years of age he's probably done as a top-level player.

(3) The final option is to just sit on it and see out his career, and then go enlist as a soldier for two years just like everybody else. Trust me, you do not want to enlist as a soldier in the ROK Armed Forces at 35 years of age. It sucks. Bad. This isn't really an option.

(4) Well, I guess he could just go and win a medal at the London Olympics, securing a legal exemption. Good luck with that.

And yes, this situation is ridiculous and does suck.

Can he not just never return to South Korea? That´s what I would do at least.

he could do that but until 36 years old (IIRC) then he's considered too old for military service.

Doubt that will happen tbh :lol:

Anyone know how Vladmiar Weiss has done at Rangers?! Always been impressed with him whenever Ive seen him. Cant see him having a future at Man City and can play a fair few positions from what I can remember of him.

He was fantastic most of the season but got injured for last 6 weeks of season or so. Loves a trick or two with loads of pace and scored a few as well. Loved by all of the fans and seemed to enjoy it! Think I read somewhere he's off on loan to Espanol??