Kevin Nolan's comments to Liverpool TV (see OP)

Guest axel
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ill-advised at worst for going on thei channel but nothing wrong per se with what's been said.

He shouldn't be saying it. He told Carroll to move ffs :lol:

And as I've said, Robson told Woodgate he should move. Mountains, molehills, etc.

This is not even close to being similar man. For one, Robson was the manager. It was his job to choose when to buy and sell players which players. On top of this he probably knew all about Woodgate's injury problems and that it was a good idea to cash in on the player at his peak.

And also the small matter of Bobby Robson saying it to the national press, as an explanation for why he sold Woodgate. Robson didn't go to an immediate league rival bigging up their class new signing from Newcastle, wishing him and them the best. What Nolan's done won't have any real repercussions, it's just infuriatingly insensitive. Especially as the club captain.

The situations couldn't be more diferent.

Guest neesy111

People reckon he's helping him settle down in Liverpool too. What the hell.  :lol:

What like nicking hub caps and getting into fights.  He's already half way there.

Kevin Nolan believes Liverpool's swoop for Andy Carroll will see the striker go on to become one of the best in the business.

The Newcastle skipper is a big admirer of our new No.9 and struck up a firm friendship with him during his time at St James's Park.

The boyhood Red admits it is a major blow for the Magpies to lose their main hitman but feels playing in Kenny Dalglish's side will help Carroll reach his full potential.

Nolan told LFC Now: "You are getting a top, top player. Obviously I've had a lot of texts and calls over the last day or so. I'm quite surprised at how pleased everyone is with it. He's only just burst onto the scene in the last six months.

"Believe me you have got a top, top player. He's going to be one of the best. There's no-one like him in the league. He'll score and create goals. He'll also show great desire and commitment. That's what Liverpool fans want and deserve.

"He's still a young lad. Everyone forgets that. He's great around the dressing room. He's funny in his own witty way and as you know I'm very friendly with him.

"I managed to get away with him with a few times last year with a couple of friends of mine who are going to be in Liverpool and can help him settle in.

"When we first heard about the move he asked me what I thought. You can imagine my reaction. I was delighted for him. He's going to be a great addition to what is a new start for Liverpool."

Carroll has enjoyed a meteoric rise over the past 12 months, culminating in an impressive debut for Fabio Capello's England.

Nolan acknowledges the forward has made huge strides recently but insists he has always had the talent to develop into one of the best players around.

"I don't think anyone could say you aren't surprised (at the speed of his development)," said Nolan.

"We always knew he had the talent. It was just whether he had the temperament. He has got that and has everything.

"Some things have been written about him that I think have been unfair. When he gets on that pitch with the quality of players you have, with Stevie and the likes of Meireles putting it on a plate for him, he won't let them down. I'm very confident about that.

"I loved playing with him. He'll give you everything he has got and make sure the central defenders come off knowing they've had a game.

"People say he's an old-fashioned type of centre forward but I'm sure over the next five years or so you'll see that he has more than that in his game. I think it showed in the goal he scored against Liverpool at our place this season, that he has the talent to strike a great ball too.

"I'm gutted we've lost him but delighted he's gone to a fantastic club."

The way people act on here, you'd think that we expect that playing for Newcastle United be the only consideration in our players' lives. They must be loyal to NUFC beyond all considerations. Give me a break.

Nolan and Carroll are friends. If Nolan is happy for Carroll and helping him settle in Liverpool, it's because they're friends. There's more to life that NUFC, even for the players.

Honestly, the reaction on this board to Carroll leaving has been staggering, even by Internet fan board standards. For Carroll, Nolan and everyone else in the squad, playing for NUFC is a JOB. They have every right to want more money or to move to another team or to hold their personal relationships higher than their "loyalty" to the company that pays their bills.

The way people act on here, you'd think that we expect that playing for Newcastle United be the only consideration in our players' lives. They must be loyal to NUFC beyond all considerations. Give me a break.

Nolan and Carroll are friends. If Nolan is happy for Carroll and helping him settle in Liverpool, it's because they're friends. There's more to life that NUFC, even for the players.

Honestly, the reaction on this board to Carroll leaving has been staggering, even by Internet fan board standards. For Carroll, Nolan and everyone else in the squad, playing for NUFC is a JOB. They have every right to want more money or to move to another team or to hold their personal relationships higher than their "loyalty" to the company that pays their bills.

Failing to grasp the general premise here. Muppet.

Guest neesy111

:kinnear:

Who pays Nolan's wages, not Liverpool football club.  Newcastle United football club do.

Had just read the above from News Now.

Real shame as I was one of the Nolan doubters who has only just been won over; i'm afraid now he has gone down massively in my estimation.

Although he has not said anything derogatory about NUFC as club captain he should have more sensitivity than to go and give an interview to the official Liverpool site. The wound is still very sore so to speak and most NUFC fans are only just coming to terms with what has happened, there is therefore a greater likelihood that what people say in the media will be jumped upon and for an OTT reaction to occur. He should have had the sense to just put say 'sorry no comment' when they tried to get hold of him. I'm sorry but I am f*%$ing fuming that our so called leader has come out and put a positive spin on the sale of if who must not be named  :rant:

Failing to grasp the general premise here. Muppet.

But who gives a **** what Nolan says to Liverpool. What does it have to do with enjoying an NUFC football match or supporting the team? Absolutely nothing.

Obviously everyone in the team is happy for Carroll. Everyone on the team would probably do the same thing if a top club went in for them. It's a job, get over it.

Perhaps you're not grasping my basic point: get a life.