Fulham 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 02/02/11 - post match reaction from page 34

Dave

Errr

Carroll wouldn't have played today anyway?

We've won 2 and drawn 2 when he hasn't been playing.

Bad performance. Put it down to a one off, not an easy place to go and surprised most of you were expecting a win. Draw would've been a good result.

Much easier run of games starts after we've played Arsenal.

There are no easy games in this league and the team spirit that has papered over the cracks for the past two seasons is clearly fucked. We're in deep trouble.

Any post match Bu11sh1t from Muppet Pardew?

He said that he needs to adjust the system to suit the strikers that are now available. By which I think he meant keep the ball on the deck more and try and play more of possession game.

Any post match Bu11sh1t from Muppet Pardew?

He said that he needs to adjust the system to suit the strikers that are now available. By which I think he meant keep the ball on the deck more and try and play more of possession game.

Adjust the system?!?

Fuck me, you'd need to slaughter every respectable footballer in the league to give these strikers a chance.

Our slide down the slippery slope has begun. Luckily its a little to late to get us relegated, surely. Cheers Mike and Andy.

:facepalm:

If your problem is with the English skill or lack of it, fair call  :lol: . But if its with the statement, i think our lack of a quality striker is going to see us drop down the table from where we were. Just how far is the question.

To do that we have to bring Tiote in for Guthrie and Ireland in for Nolan and hope that Ireland can turn the clock back 18 months.

If we can't keep the ball, then sooner or later someone will get caught out at the back. Retention was absolutely shocking and we lacked anything on the counter attack.

That really was very poor.

Very poor performane tonight. I thought we completely lacked any threat going forward and we hardly fashioned a single chance all night.

I suppose everyone makes mistakes once in a while but it was shocking defending by Enrique for the goal and the Duff chance earlier in the game.

Looking forward I think we seriously need to look at 4-5-1 at the weekend. Best, Lovenkrands and Ranger just aren't effective enough to justify playing two of them.

To do that we have to bring Tiote in for Guthrie and Ireland in for Nolan and hope that Ireland can turn the clock back 18 months.

Do we know how long Irelands out for?

Two weeks

Two weeks

Sorry, just reminded me of this. Even managed a slight smile watching it. :(

Perhaps it was very unfortunate in the long term that we drew to both the Mackems and Spurs.  Gave a false sense that this frontline may well see us out to the end of the season.

Still think we will finish at least 5 points clear of the drop.  Most of the teams below us have looked absolute shit.

Just got back, christ that was awful. Obviously the game plan was tailored for Shola (direct) but when he went off we were just clueless. Looked as toothless as I've seen a Newcastle side in a while. Service was poor but none of the strikers really looked up for it. Only way I could have seen us scoring in 500 minutes was through a set-piece. Did not enjoy paying £35 from that shite.

I thought we were ok considering the limited options we posses. Nolan really was annoymous Joey had an off day, jose was not as good as normal but still played ok. Guthrie better than normal, jonas is still awful. Best looks like he could improve with a few games, he's going to get them anyway...

Can't be arsed with match ratings but in a nutshell everyone was absolute dump apart from Harper.

Gutierrez and Williamson stood out as being spectacularly s****.

:sadnod: :no: woefull performances from the pair of them but Best was worst.