Newcastle United 4 - 4 Arsenal - 05/02/11 - post match reaction from page 32

Nate

There's no natural successor to Xavi in my opinion. Cesc is more of an attacking midfielder nowadays, doesn't dictate a game like Xavi does (he has other great attributes). I can see Iniesta slotting back there in the future though, if we buy Cesc or Thiago blooms.

Sergi Samper in 10 years, maybe :smitten:

There's no natural successor to Xavi in my opinion. Cesc is more of an attacking midfielder nowadays, doesn't dictate a game like Xavi does (he has other great attributes). I can see Iniesta slotting back there in the future though, if we buy Cesc or Thiago blooms.

:) O0

Tell you what! Forget Fabregas. Jack Wilshere is your man.

Tell you what! Forget Fabregas. Jack Wilshere is your man.

Was thinking about this year. Wilshire would so so well in that team.

Wilshere will never be a patch on Xavi.

1) Wilshere is still a bairn. How you can categorically say that  is beyond me.

2) Xavi is a special player in his own right. It's not a disgrace if a player like him will only come around once every blue moon.

Point is, Wilshere keeps the ball moving. He's got a vast passing range and a solid engine. He also seems to relish the big game atmosphere. Best player on the park last night by a country mile (taking 90 minutes into account).

I haven't watched Xavi throughout his whole career, but I accept he's probably the best midfielder in the world at the moment.

But Wilshere outclassed everyone last night, and he's only about 13. The guy's potential is frightening. Whether he'll be as good as Xavi or not it's impossible to tell, but from what I've seen of him he's got the potential to be one of the best midfielders in the world.

New level of respect for him after last night.

I haven't watched Xavi throughout his whole career, but I accept he's probably the best midfielder in the world at the moment.

But Wilshere outclassed everyone last night, and he's only about 13. The guy's potential is frightening. Whether he'll be as good as Xavi or not it's impossible to tell, but from what I've seen of him he's got the potential to be one of the best midfielders in the world.

New level of respect for him after last night.

true but I respect him a while now... he is a good pro...

I hope Wilshere goes abroad when he gets a bit older.

Why? It is very unlikely he will find a better teacher than Weg only a better team. So it is a case of you wanting him to go Real or Barca realistically.

Not at all. Go to Italy, Spain or Germany. Players that play in a few countries are generally more rounded players especially on the international stage and in this case it would be better for England. Not enough English players go abroad IMO and its why despite the talent we have we struggle IMO.

Why? It is very unlikely he will find a better teacher than Weg only a better team. So it is a case of you wanting him to go Real or Barca realistically.

Not at all. Go to Italy, Spain or Germany. Players that play in a few countries are generally more rounded players especially on the international stage and in this case it would be better for England. Not enough English players go abroad IMO and its why despite the talent we have we struggle IMO.

:thup:

I don't think thats really true, I watched the German & Spanish  teams play in the last world cup & most of there players have never left there country & they look well rounded.

I don't think Brazilian players have changed that much over the decades in the way they play the outlook of there coaches has in that period of time though.

Wilshere will develop well being at the heart of Arsenal's midfield. I suppose the difference going abroad wouldn't so much be in the training or footballing education he gets from his manager nor even in the style of football played, though these would be beneficial, but in the type of opponents you'd face week in week out. he'd get more chance to develop the technical side of his game as opposed to the physical or battling aspects of his play.