Leon Best

Godot

Best in not shit, what are some people on? Alan Smith is shit, Lovenkrands is shit

Best does not just score goals, his all round game is good, I used to think he was average BUT that run he had in the side from the West Ham game onwards showed there is much more to his game

He is very good in the air, he beat Haangeland a fair few times, he has quick feet and is quite strong

Stats since January 1st, 2011.

Torres & Carroll combined.

26 starts (9 subs) = 7 goals

Best

11 starts (2 subs) = 8 goals

Does that mean he's worth sixty mill.

How long would he need to keep.this sort of form up until we can feel comfortable that he is a good player?

I have to say, despite bigging up his performances last season there was a concern it could be a purple patch (he had similar at Coventry didn't he?). This start to the season although still early days have given me a little confident.

Still think Ba is our best forward by some distance but if Best is still putting them away by new year are we going to accept we do have a reliable, quality player with a genuine shout to be a first choice striker?

How long would he need to keep.this sort of form up until we can feel comfortable that he is a good player?

I have to say, despite bigging up his performances last season there was a concern it could be a purple patch (he had similar at Coventry didn't he?). This start to the season although still early days have given me a little confident.

Still think Ba is our best forward by some distance but if Best is still putting them away by new year are we going to accept we do have a reliable, quality player with a genuine shout to be a first choice striker?

More than half a game.

Didnt have a great first half, but a great poacher's goal and a smart turn and finish for his second. Hope he keeps his place and im sure there will be more to come as long as he gets decent service, which was probably why he didnt have much inpact first half...

People still seem unconvinced because he was utter turd in the Championship it seems, like all strikers he has a tendancy to do little throughout games (although he is pretty mobile and good at taking the ball down from the air). His goal record since Wham cannot be ignored though, and best of all about half of those have been clinical.

He might be a confidence striker like, can see his composure dropping a bit if he hits a rocky patch.

Michael Owen was awful for 80 minutes in a lot of games he played. He scored lots of goals and won games though. I remember that West Ham hattrick and despite the goals Owen was shocking, did we care?

If Best is awful for 45 minutes but wins us lots of games is he a bad player? Sorry, meant league start btw.