Leon Best

Godot

i like him to be honest. Obviously i'd have like to have signed a #9 striker but in all honesty the only striker that I really wanted us to sign over the summer, who we were linked with, was Gameiro. There is a lot of dross around at the moment and although our strikers dont get us excited the way they have in previous years, the fact is in most games we are going to be playing five midfielders.

Not sure what my point is but ba and best will do a job until we find a quality striker for the price we are willing to pay. If we continue dealing like we have ben arfa and cabaye I reckon we can get a really good striker to suit our system and not one that we are buying for the sake of it.

Seems a solid finisher, not too much of an ego from what I've seen, he's an ideal guy to come in as 3rd choice or higher up when guys get injured, though without the club signing a 'number 9' hopefully we see a lot of him this season.

cant remember where i heard it but apparently he is a "student of the game" which always says to me that they have a basic interest in football and want to improve...quite rare nowadays really, in England atleast...

It's sad that people will always take that attitude.

I think he was brought in to see if he could step up to make the grade and has had a few poor games but answered his critics too and stepped up to the plate ,dont rate him highly at all but if he keeps Lovenpants out the team all well and good .

But Leon Best playing well and scoring should have nothing to do with whether we sign a new striker or not.

Never said that,we need a top striker but he will have to do for now as we have no choice as imho Sammy will not be picked ahead of him ,excuse may well be pedalled by Pardew as he will big up his strikers .

• 2 weeks later...

Best striker at the club?

Worked his ass off today, shame there was no service. I am not convinced with his work in the air but I think he has to be our starting striker going forward.

At this point in time, certainly. Only one looking like scoring (and actually doing it).

Still a long way from convinced about him as a starter but I'll say one thing - he has really great feet. That skill in the first half to create our only chance was superb.

Best looked good tonight as far he could in the circumstances. What a fucking shame his manger picked a side which made him look the best technical footballer on the pitch due to the team tactics of launching 90 yard hoofs up the pitch while Cabaye watched confused and Marveuax and Santon sat on the bench. Piss off back to the lower divisions Pardew you fucking clueless prick.

Best striker at the club?

Worked his ass off today, shame there was no service. I am not convinced with his work in the air but I think he has to be our starting striker going forward.

At this point in time, certainly. Only one looking like scoring (and actually doing it).

:nods:

Really do like Best, he isn't perfect but he does have have something about him. It's strange to see how much stick he still gets on the net and some people seem so unwilling to change their opinion of him from the first few chances he got for us in the Championship.

Really do like Best, he isn't perfect but he does have have something about him. It's strange to see how much stick he still gets on the net and some people seem so unwilling to change their opinion of him from the first few chances he got for us in the Championship.

:thup: Best striker at the club, ovvo.