Leon Best

Godot

Seems to get better and better. Don't think the argument that he's shit in open plays and just poaches goals holds anymore. His general play is far better than Shola's.

Would be a pleasant surprise if he keeps getting better and ends up being a respectable Premiership striker. Then again, if that happened, we'd probably sell him.

Our best player last night, doesn't say a lot about our performance mind, as I've seen Besty play far better.  Really does work hard though, getting better on the ball, good feet (and uses both), quite strong with his back to goal and brings others into play.  Oh and he has a knack of scoring/getting a shot off when presented with a chance.  Pretty much the polar opposite to the buffoon playing alongside him last night.  Best on his own running channels and Marv/HBA/Vuckic playing behind him, or Ba and Best together.  Shola should not be starting FFS.

He's got a few tricks that seem to work.

Don't like him in combo with Shola, not sure he'll work well with Ba either.

But, as has been said by many on here, 2 similar players upfront is helping us get at the oppostion. Especially as our crossing is non existent or from too deep.

Best of a bad bunch last night - think he'll benefit more than most from the return of Ben Arfa, might actually get some of his runs picked out, and have someone to pass to....

Guest SuperShola!

Anyone got the Leon Best Troll meme where he scores the hat trick against West Ham?

This one?

I realise he turns half way through but I got tired of all the colouring in. :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/oeg1F.png?6847

Get in, cheers mate!

whats his goals to games ratio now then?

hes an ok poacher in the box, imagine HBA firing in shots from around the box.....

Before the match today - In terms of goal to games, Leon Best had the fifth best goalscoring record in Premier League history, behind Henry, Aguero, Klasnic and Javier Hernandez.

He now has the fourth Best, at the expense of Klasnic.