Newcastle United 0 - 0 Manchester Utd - 19/04/11 - post match reaction from p33

Dave

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

win @ blackpool now and we have officaly had a succesful season as we will do what we set out at the start to do, stay up.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

How good/bad was Owen's reception ?

Very load in stadium, and it lasted a long time. Loads of booooos, and then everyone started to sing 'One Greedy Bastard'... and just when it was dying down a little bit... it came back again just in case he hadn't heard.  :lol: Probably the loudest I've heard SJP in a long time singing at once.

Quality performance by them all, really put their heart's into it, great point to take us to 40 :D great game to watch, arse cheeks were flapping a bit towards end as i thought he blew for a pen for the hernadez dive.

Jonas, Enrique, Krul and Tiote were quality, Tiote bossed the midfield, just hope old red face in the stand's hasn't got his beady eye on Tiote.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Cheers lads.

Good to hear him getting the level of grief he deserves. Nice of Ferguson to put him on for us :lol:

Probably worked against Man U as it really worked the crowd up. I want to believe that Barton trolled Owen, during the break when Owen came on. 'They're on about you, you know'.

Krul 8 - Did everything asked of him, controlled his area well too.

Simpson 6 - Put in a shift, bit sloppy in possession.

Williamson 7.5 - Excellent for the most part apart from the odd shaky moment

Colo 8 - Class personified.

Enrique 8 - Large pockets, kept both Nani and Valencia in there for the most part.

Barton 7 - Great first half, went missing for parts of the second.

Guthrie 7.5 - Had a good game, kept us ticking along nicely.

Tiote 7.5 - Did what he does, best broke up play brilliantly, needless booking mind.

Jonas 8.5 - Had the beating of O'Shea all night, covered Enrique brilliantly too. My man of the match.

Shola 6 - Gave both centre halves a decent ariel battle, comical on the ground at times.

Lovenkrands 7 - His best game in ages, missed a sitter but but in a fantastic shift, could of had a penalty too.

Cheers lads.

Good to hear him getting the level of grief he deserves. Nice of Ferguson to put him on for us :lol:

Probably worked against Man U as it really worked the crowd up. I want to believe that Barton trolled Owen, during the break when Owen came on. 'They're on about you, you know'.

Was a tactical disaster by Ferguson, tbh. Buoyed the team just as we were flagging.

Loudest booing I have heard at SJP in years and a great loud long "one greedy b****** there's only one greedy b******"

Followed by "Joey knock him out Joey joey knock him out" :lol:

Loudest booing I have heard at SJP in years and a great loud long "one greedy b****** there's only one greedy b******"

Followed by "Joey knock him out Joey joey knock him out" :lol:

Ah, I wondered what that was :lol: Cheers :thup:

Krul 7 - Decent. I wish he'd communicate a bit better with his defenders though.

Simpson 5 - Usual issues. Too conservative in his decisions and allows his opponent too much space.

Coloccini 6 - Struggled with their movement but kept battling.

Williamson 6 - As for Colo

Enrique 7 - Did well going forward in the first half.

Barton 6 - Good first half, disappeared in the second.

Tiote 7 - Not at his best, but a tireless warrior as usual.

Guthrie 6 - Struggled but kept battling.

Jose 8 - Created real problems for them in the first half and worked very hard.

Shola 7 - Got involved in an important role, despite some misplaced passes.

Lovenkrands 6 - Worked hard, played his best but his best isn't good enough.

Ireland 6 - Some nice touches despite coming on in a difficult situation.

Ranger 6 - Struggled to get involved but tried.

Amazing how we kept a clean sheet against Man U when only two out of the back five got more than a 6 :lol:

6 to me is an average mark, so I'm not saying we were bad.

It's clear I'm seeing things a bit different from others though. Our defence battled hard but at no time did I feel we looked solid.

Krul - 8 - Did everything asked of him very well. Still needs to work on commanding his area - thought he perhaps should have come out when Coloccini had to make himself a shield between the ball and Hernandez.

Simpson 7.5 - Really, really well against top quality opposition - even after a few knocks to the head!

Colo - 8 - Mamma mia!

Williamson - 8 - Superb. Standout defender. Some incredible interceptions/reading the play. Really developing his defending brain.

Enrique 7.5 - Brilliant and mental. Looked full of beans and motivated.

Barton - 7.5 - Excellent first half, faded in the second, but continued to be really good on the ball, kept them pressured and gave us some possession. Not much focus on attacking play second half, so not surprising his second half play dipped.

Guthrie - 7.5 - Pleasantly surprised. Best game for us in a very long time. Verging on an 8. Really well rounded performance. Hope he continues to come forward a bit more/gets some confidence/fitness.

Tiote - 8 - Shit, forgot Tiote :lol: How could I? Monster.

Gutierrez - 8 - Excellent. Not much more to say than that. Defended like a maniac (remember one epic challenge in particular on the edge of our box) and provided a release/outlet for defence when we needed it - something he brings to the team which is highly underrated IMO.

Ameobi - 7 - Battled well against very tough opposition while he was on. Some tidy passes/possession football. Struggled on long balls second half.

Loven - 7 - Maybe I'm going soft in my older age, but impressed with his vim/willingness to have a go and engine tonight. Deserves an extra helping of papaya at the NUFC canteen tomorrow.

Pardew - credit to the silver-haired fox, good game plan, good motivation of the players. Important point :thup:  A little worried with the "soak up pressure" mentality second half, but not sure if that was necessary due to fitness levels dropping or strategy. Thought we might have been undone at the end, but it worked, so the manager deserves plaudits :thup:

Krul 7 - Decent. I wish he'd communicate a bit better with his defenders though.

Simpson 5 - Usual issues. Too conservative in his decisions and allows his opponent too much space.

Amazing how we kept a clean sheet against Man U when only two out of the back five got more than a 6 :lol:

It's clear I'm seeing things a bit different from others though. Our defence battled hard but at no time did I feel we looked solid.

Wilicini were well above average man, and Simpson, while not as good as the rest of the defence, was at the very least average.

Krul - 8 - Did everything asked of him very well. Still needs to work on commanding his area - thought he perhaps should have come out when Coloccini had to make himself a shield between the ball and Hernandez.

Simpson 7.5 - Really, really well against top quality opposition - even after a few knocks to the head!

Colo - 8 - Mamma mia!

Williamson - 8 - Superb. Standout defender. Some incredible interceptions/reading the play. Really developing his defending brain.

Enrique 7.5 - Brilliant and mental. Looked full of beans and motivated.

Barton - 7.5 - Excellent first half, faded in the second, but continued to be really good on the ball, kept them pressured and gave us some possession. Not much focus on attacking play second half, so not surprising his second half play dipped.

Guthrie - 7.5 - Pleasantly surprised. Best game for us in a very long time. Verging on an 8. Really well rounded performance. Hope he continues to come forward a bit more/gets some confidence/fitness.

Tiote - 8 - Shit, forgot Tiote :lol: How could I? Monster.

Gutierrez - 8 - Excellent. Not much more to say than that. Defended like a maniac (remember one epic challenge in particular on the edge of our box) and provided a release/outlet for defence when we needed it - something he brings to the team which is highly underrated IMO.

Ameobi - 7 - Battled well against very tough opposition while he was on. Some tidy passes/possession football. Struggled on long balls second half.

Loven - 7 - Maybe I'm going soft in my older age, but impressed with his vim/willingness to have a go and engine tonight. Deserves an extra helping of papaya at the NUFC canteen tomorrow.

Pardew - credit to the silver-haired fox, good game plan, good motivation of the players. Important point :thup:  A little worried with the "soak up pressure" mentality second half, but not sure if that was necessary due to fitness levels dropping or strategy. Thought we might have been undone at the end, but it worked, so the manager deserves plaudits :thup:

http://i55.tinypic.com/9r3t04.gif

Leave it out, man.

Considering we had no goal threat up front I thought we did well to keep them restricted to just a few chances. I honestly thought we'd get beat tonight because i couldn't see where the goals were coming from. Man U's movement is second to none so while no team is ever comfortable against them, I thought we coped admirably.