Daft questions (football edition)

Decky

Watching Kilmarnock v Celtic it occurred to me there's at least two artificial pitches in the top flight in Scotland. Plus God knows how many in the lower divisions.

I thought we'd seen the back of them but iirc the women's world was mostly played on artificial grass. Are the new ones that good? The ones I played on years ago were downright dangerous, full of sand which ripped your skin off. Could we really see one in the premier league at some point?

The newer ones are a world apart from the old astroturf, still never be used in the Premier League though.

Can anyone explain the parked cars behind the goal at Stamford Bridge in the 70's and 80's?

Advertising? Still see it occasionally in South America if the ground has a running track.

Can anyone explain the parked cars behind the goal at Stamford Bridge in the 70's and 80's?

Advertising? Still see it occasionally in South America if the ground has a running track.

I don't think it is advertising. There was a shot on soccer am today where it looked as though you could pay a few quid extra and watch the game from your car, like me and my dad used to do at local Sunday league games.

I don't think it is advertising. There was a shot on soccer am today where it looked as though you could pay a few quid extra and watch the game from your car, like me and my dad used to do at local Sunday league games.

Haha, beats getting cut up by Chelsea's firm I guess.

I was discussing this last night with my flatmate,

Do you think Zlatan is genuinely as arrogant and as much of a bell as his persona (and autobiography) portrays him to be or do you think it's all an act like some WWE wrestler?

I was discussing this last night with my flatmate,

Do you think Zlatan is genuinely as arrogant and as much of a bell as his persona (and autobiography) portrays him to be or do you think it's all an act like some WWE wrestler?

Bit of both.

Anyone else still find themselves thinking/saying 'Shearer scores that every time' whenever a low cross is drilled across the box and nobody is there? Did it tonight during the Man Utd match.

Anyone else still find themselves thinking/saying 'Shearer scores that every time' whenever a low cross is drilled across the box and nobody is there? Did it tonight during the Man Utd match.

:laugh: Me Dad and I were saying this at the weekend. I'm sure he must've missed chances now and again, but I can't remember them. :aww:

:lol: Yes.

Why do teams wear the tracksuit tops when they walk out and line up on the pitch?  I thought it was to show more sponsors, but Newcastle are wearing em now and they have the same sponsors on. Seems a bit pointless