Sammy Ameobi released

James

Thought he was awful in the first half personally. I think the goal glosses over that and he picked up in the second half to be fair to him. I think we need a proper left sided player added to the squad and I think Aarons could offer more than Sammy so I'm not convinced his future lies with the club.

Who does Aarons start ahead of when everyone is fit?

Sammy

Aye but when everyone is fit, ayoze, cisse, Dr jong, cabella..

he'll be a great option from the bench when he first comes back, don't think he starts just yet though.

Creased at that

fucking phone  :lol:

I'd definitely give him a new contract, like. Could still yet turn into a very decent player.

In Cabella, Aarons, Sammy, Perez, Gouffran and Obertan we've got a lot of depth in the wide forward positions. In Sissoko, De Jong, Abeid, Anita, Colback and Tiote (and Bigi/Vuckic :dontknow:) we've got good depth and options at centre-mid, too. When you factor in the lack of Pardew, we've got the crux of a fairly exciting squad. Are there any full-backs coming through? That would be a bonus, especially on the right - it would mean only CB and CF would need reinforcements.

Krul

Janmaat - ? - ? - Haïdara

Sissoko - Abeid - De Jong

Cabella - ? - Perez

:notbad:

Easily worth a new contract. Shouldn't even be in question for me given what I assume are relatively low wages.

Yup. He's a useful player. He has some glaring weaknesses that need working out but i think eventually he can do it and become more consistent.

Who does Aarons start ahead of when everyone is fit?

Sammy

Aye but when everyone is fit, ayoze, cisse, Dr jong, cabella..

he'll be a great option from the bench when he first comes back, don't think he starts just yet though.

Creased at that

fucking phone  :lol:

He's got a new official nickname as far as I'm concerned.

"Paging Dr Jong" when he scores and all that.

Was ok in the first half yesterday especially as he was on the end of some rough treatment however started and continued to be anonymous second half, should have been off rather than Cabella.

Yep - would agree with that.  Thought he was fine yesterday, but he was tiring and should have come off instead of Cabella.

I thought he was our best player in the first half but one of the worst in the second. It was absolutely baffling how he wasn't taken off instead of Cabella. Even if he was desperate to throw Obertan on at least stick Cabella on the left, Sammy was knackered.

I'm not sure why he seems to get such a hard time from some of the fans.

Was ok in the first half yesterday especially as he was on the end of some rough treatment however started and continued to be anonymous second half, should have been off rather than Cabella.

Agree. Disappeared after the break.