Sammy Ameobi released

James

The Ameobis seem to be a close-knit family, and so both Sammy and Shola have shown an attachment to the city, if not the club. Sammy isn't being well treated here, but he seems prepared to take it, in the hope of proving himself over the next two seasons.

The club seems generally in two minds about the player. He's shown enough ability to make them reluctant to let him go, but they don't want to commit either. They seem to be getting away with that indecision, though I wonder whether Sammy would be better off with a stronger vote of confidence.

I suspect the club will want to give Aarons a chance, and this gives them a bit more room to do that.

• 1 month later...

Watched him play for Cardiff on Tuesday. Not much to write home about, had one long range shot saved, made a couple of decent runs. One or two times he favored a back heel over a simple pass. Strolled Ameobi pace for the rest. Will probably get to another game at some point, hopefully better opposition than Wimbledon to see how he fairs.

They have been going on about how he needs to add strength.

Why is the brother so damned skinny. I mean he's no longer a teenager. The man is now 23. Still so rail thin, especially his lower body, which is not good at all for any kind of sport really.

Long distance running, maybe. Which is ironic, as he looks knackered after 10 mins on a football pitch.

Yeah, definitely. I was thinking more explosive sports.

He needs to sort himself out man. Get on some sort of programme over the summer to work on it. He has everything available to him to do so nowadays.

Instead he's always on silly lads holidays and posting things on Instagram. Aarons stays back over the summer and puts in work afterall.

The Ameobi genetics already account for the slow thinking and general lethargy. Let's get the cunt down the gym, bulk him up, just to see if we can slow him down anymore. Great idea that.

If that doesn't work maybe slip him a Rufi just before they leave the changing rooms.

Fucks sake.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...