Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Don't watch much Serie A but don't Fiorentina have boatloads of attacking players anyway?

Been rumours of Jovetic leaving in the summer.

Yep. He'll be long term replacement.

In the mean-time, they should be fantastic together.

James Nursey in the Mirror linking us with Lescott.

I wouldn't normally pay any attention, but Nursey, strangely for a tabloid hack, is freakishly accurate on stories about us.

Who needs CB's? Not funny signing them...

James Nursey in the Mirror linking us with Lescott.

I wouldn't normally pay any attention, but Nursey, strangely for a tabloid hack, is freakishly accurate on stories about us.

Would be a quality signing for yous. We should be going for him too.

Its BS

"I want to say that it is false that Falcao has an agreement with another team. I say it is false because I have [not] spoken to anyone regarding this subject," Cerezo told Marca.

"It is absolutely false and a lie. It is one thing to joke but it is another to make a something out of nothing. Above everything, I don't like having words put in my mouth that I have never said.

"Like [club general manager] Miguel Angel Gil said, Falcao is our player and he has won the right to make his own decision. He has a contract with us and there is no need to talk nor invent anything else.

"It seems that some want to destabilise Atletico and Falcao. The day that something does occur, if that day happens at all which I doubt, then there will be something to talk about. But, there is no need to talk of just rumours."

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes

To clarify re Lampard, there have been no negotiations at all. Lampard hoped to stay but #CFC have offered nothing - not even reduced terms

looks like he's most definitely off then.

I can see him going to Man Utd for 2 years.

Hull are apparently going to offer the mackems £7m for Fraizer Campbell  ???

Damian Spellman ‏@DamianSpellman

If Hull really are prepared to offer £7million for Campbell, I suspect MON would drive him there himself. Can't see how his value has risen.

Sure his contract is up in the summer, it won't be anywhere near that amount.

Guest Roger Kint

Hull are apparently going to offer the mackems £7m for Fraizer Campbell  ???

Damian Spellman ‏@DamianSpellman

If Hull really are prepared to offer £7million for Campbell, I suspect MON would drive him there himself. Can't see how his value has risen.

Sure his contract is up in the summer, it won't be anywhere near that amount.

He was never near a £7m player, wasnt his fee £3m a few seasons back? Would be lucky to get half that

Anyone been watching Schalke play this year? We're supposed to be in for Lewis Holtby, but all I have is Youtube and a very vague memory. Supposed to be very good?

The first mention of Holtby came a few days ago from Jason Burt of the Telegraph, who sees AVB socially, been friends since AVB was with Chelsea with Mourinho.

The speculation intensified yesterday following a chance meeting with a well respected poster on COYS.  What he said was...........

I just arrived in Munich on a Lufthansa flight and am about to get off, when I see that the entire schalke team is sitting behind me including Lewis Holtby. Luckily we had to take a bus to the terminal and I spoke to Holtby about coming to Spurs. He looked a bit coy about it but huntelaar said straight away it's all done and he's coming.  Have to take my next flight now. Will post again this evening .......................

UPDATE :  have arrived now in Romania. so here we go this is exactly what happened.

On the flight to Munich- and read the German papers Bild etc- looking for news about Holtby (front page story btw was Sylvie and Rafa splitting up)- read that he Holtby, had turned down Schalke's offer to double his wages and he would definitely not renew his contract. I was sitting in row 18 in the middle of the plane, and the steward says you can exit through the back door, so I turned around and to my astonishment, I saw the entire Schalke team had been sitting right behind me. they were on their way to Qatar btw, training camp etc. So I saw Holtby and thought I'll have a chat with him. Luckily we had to get a bus to the terminal, so i got in the bus went straight up to him, and told him I was a big big Tottenham fan, that I've just got back from the Reading game and that we've heard he might be coming to us. He smiled a bit and obviously didn't want to say anything, but Huntelaar- who was really nice, and friendly as the Dutch often are, just chipped in and said literally-"It's a done deal, all signed and sealed". Holtby looked a bit embarassed, and then said "well there'll be a statement in the next few days". He speaks perfect English btw-'cos his father's English, without the trace of a any German accent.and then we started to talk about Tottenham and WHL and AVB. The conversation went like this: he told me, he'd been over for the West Ham game, and he was really surprised at how poor West Ham were as they are in the top half of the table. I told him that they are a home team, and don't perform away. I said that WHL is an old fashioned stadium, and he said he thinks that it's great, the atmosphere is unbelievable, and that he loved being there.Then we talked about the team, and it was obvious that he'd seen every game, and how impressed he's been. I said that I'd been a bit sceptical about AVB, because I thought Harry was so great, and he seemed surprised, saying that he's a great young coach. I agreed with him and said I've been won over, and think we're playing some really good football, which he agreed with too, and really thinks we have a lot of very good players. We talked a bit about the PL in general, and about the Chelsea/QPR game, which we both laughed about. Altogether we spoke for around ten minutes.

I couldn't take any pictures 'cos the bus was so crowded, but I take it that people on here know who I am, and will trust me- but all in all. Expect him to arrive now or in the summer. I personally think it will be the summer, but everything today pointed towards him becoming a Spurs player. I got a great buzz from meeting him and Huntelaar- to whom I said. we've been waiting for you too, he laughed an said, you just keep waiting.

Small Update:

just remembered that he said that he thought that the game at Sunderland was our best performance this season- so he's clearly been watching us regularly, and he asked me about the cup game against Coventry, who they were, when exactly the game is etc. COYS

If he joins Spurs, it won't be till the summer when he's out of contract and can go for free.  No point in him going to Doha for a training camp with Schalke if he was moving now and not like Levy to pay a fee if he can avoid it.