Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Guest MrSundlofer

Kakuta joined Dijon on loan   

/insert mustard joke

They wanted him in the summer but he rejected them and thought it was a to small club or town.

Surprised he changed his mind.

I guess it could be down to wages as TT mentioned above.

His high wage demands are the reason we're not sniffing, yet only low and about to go clubs like Wolves and QPR are in for him? Not sure I can get my head around that logic.

Surely if he was as decent as people are suggesting he should be attracting a better caliber of club full stop, not just us.

I guess it could be down to wages as TT mentioned above.

His high wage demands are the reason only low and about to go clubs like Wolves and QPR are bidding for him? Not sure I can get my head around that logic.

Forgetting us for a second, surely if he was as decent as people are suggesting he should be having a better caliber of club than that going after him.

Well, if QPR have indeed made a bid, can definitely see them paying Onuoha what he wants (due to the money they now have available from Fernandes). I also hear Hughes has been given £30 million to spend too...

The transfer fee itself is low but can't see Wolves matching the lad's wage demands.

But then again, maybe his reputation isn't as high as it appears......

I think Onuoha would be a squad player for you with everybody fit. It would be a good player to have but not at 40k+ per week if true, and probably wants to be a starter wherever he goes. It's true it would help you a lot with your current predicament regarding injuries, but you don't sign players just for 3 months.

He'd be first choice right back and arguably second choice centre back dependent on form. 40k is a lot but he'd effectively be covering two positions for us and would significantly strengthen the squad and first team. I've wanted us to sign him for ages mind so I'm a bit biased.

He'd be first choice right back and arguably second choice centre back dependent on form. 40k is a lot but he'd effectively be covering two positions for us and would significantly strengthen the squad and first team. I've wanted us to sign him for ages mind so I'm a bit biased.

We have 3 greater quality CBs already, by some distance, he's a liability in that role IMO, bailed out by his pace.

There are also better RBs out there, due to his lack of game time he's under developed, and I can't quite put a judgement on him, but right now he's no better than Simpson, but with a little bit more potential to get better and some extra pace. £2.5m is a good fee, wouldn't want to pay half his wages though and guess the club feel the same.

I hadn't realised Onuoha's 25, that's quite old for someone who's never quite established themself.

he was kind of swept away by the madness that has engulfed man city though hasn't he?  had the arabs not bought it i reckon his career would have taken a very different path

I hadn't realised Onuoha's 25, that's quite old for someone who's never quite established themself.

he was kind of swept away by the madness that has engulfed man city though hasn't he?  had the arabs not bought it i reckon his career would have taken a very different path

Probably yeah, but he should be long out of there then imo.