Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

close to 60,000 tickets sold for unveiling of Higuain and Reina at Napoli today.

Cried like a baby reading Reina's goodbye letter. Disgraceful behaviour by our club.

Really?

Yea. I also locked myself in a room and refused to go out for a day when Torres handed in transfer request.

I'm a lunatic, a lovely one at that.

:lol:

I cried when Stone Cold retired, although that's a while back. Bobby's death brought a tear to my eye, as did Gary Speed.

But Pepe Reina, fucking hell.

:lol:

Don't kid yourself, that is much gayer.  :lol:

Hoddle going to Monaco was probably the biggest wrench - I was 14/15, and he'd been my hero for my entire Spurs life up to that point. I'm pretty confident I never cried though. The only time I remember crying tears about Spurs (and not tears of joy :lol:) was when Ardiles hit the bar from point blank in the last few minutes of the UEFA Cup Final. I mean, I was 10. Graham Roberts made it all better a few seconds later.

Have to admit I was really gutted by Carroll leaving, finally showed me that there was no loyalty or emotion in football any more. A local lad giving up the number 9 shirt, unbelievable.

For 80,000k a week and his club getting offered 35million? I see your point but it wasnt really that unbelievable imo.

Have to admit I was really gutted by Carroll leaving, finally showed me that there was no loyalty or emotion in football any more. A local lad giving up the number 9 shirt, unbelievable.

For 80,000k a week and his club getting offered 35million? I see your point but it wasnt really that unbelievable imo.

In hindsight the deal was fairly inevitable once the numbers and details were known, but beforehand I was sure it wouldn't happen.

Yeah it really killed a part of me as well. Sounds dramatic but the lad was supposed to be living out our dreams and would give every fibre in his body for the club and the cause.

£35m though, in hindsight it'll go down as one of the best bits of business the club will ever make, that aside its still sad to see him give it all up for a club like Liverpool.

Guest palnese

Lost a lot of love for football that day. Felt sick for days.

I cried when Collymore closed in. When we were relegated I was just like:

http://gifatron.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/scott_pilgrim.gif

But we'd all seen it coming so it didn't hurt as bad as I always imagined it would.

Yeah it really killed a part of me as well. Sounds dramatic but the lad was supposed to be living out our dreams and would give every fibre in his body for the club and the cause.

£35m though, in hindsight it'll go down as one of the best bits of business the club will ever make, that aside its still sad to see him give it all up for a club like Liverpool.

Must say from the outside, I saw that deal as more "insane offer you couldn't turn down" rather than "local lad giving up number 9 shirt". Can certainly see why it'd come across as the latter,mind.

I don't know the details of it, but wasn't it the commonly held belief he was more pushed out rather than desperate to leave? Either way it was an incredible offer.

Must say from the outside, I saw that deal as more "insane offer you couldn't turn down" rather than "local lad giving up number 9 shirt". Can certainly see why it'd come across as the latter,mind.

I don't know the details of it, but wasn't it the commonly held belief he was more pushed out rather than desperate to leave? Either way it was an incredible offer.

Yeah, once the details became known it was sort of inevitable. Still depressing though.