Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Yohan Cabaye has scored the most goals from outside the box since august 2011 (5)

:megusta:

Wigan home game 1-0

Man Utd home game free kick

Reading home reverse free kick

The volley at Villa

The curler against Stoke at home 3-0

(also the free kick at Blackburn in the cup but I'm assuming they're talking PL)

Zidane had a huge influence in that from what I read. The kid's something special has to be said.

He was outstanding against Barca last night apparently, didn't watch myself but there's a lot of hype going around about his performance.

Looked the complete package in that game. Good reading/anticipating/interceptions, decent distribution, good pace (outpaced Messi at one point), cracking recovery and slide tackles, good in the air - everything a centreback should be. Reminded me of a peak Jonathan Woodgate.

Zidane had a huge influence in that from what I read. The kid's something special has to be said.

He was outstanding against Barca last night apparently, didn't watch myself but there's a lot of hype going around about his performance.

Varane was excellent against Barcelona, France will have an excellent spine in future with him and Pogba.

Guest firetotheworks

As good as Sissoko was, Cabaye was absolutely pivotal in everything we did. In short, he's a pretty fucking good footballer.

As good as Sissoko was, Cabaye was absolutely pivotal in everything we did. In short, he's a pretty fucking good footballer.

Six million for the both of them. We've got photographs of every chairman in the game, I figure.

With Cabaye starting this season : W 5, D 5, L 4 (also scored 4 goals in this last 7 starts)

Without Cabaye starting this season : W 2, D 1, L 8

Coincidence?

Not according to this thread earlier on in the season. ;)

With Cabaye starting this season : W 5, D 5, L 4 (also scored 4 goals in this last 7 starts)

Without Cabaye starting this season : W 2, D 1, L 8

Coincidence?

Of course it isn't he's always been one of the most important players if not the most important.