Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

The idea of a 4-4-2 with Tiote/Siss at the heart of it with Jonas on the f***ing left, for the foreseeable future, actually makes me want to shed a tear.

It's disgusting. Neither are very good at passing.

Whatever you think of the actual players, it's just not a system that gets the best out of anyone. If Pardew really believes that we just need to add another central striker to score more goals he is doomed, as much as it pains me to say!

Why does it pain you to say it? You know and have admitted that Pardew isn't really good enough and is mainly to blame for our predicament,  so for it to pain you to say it must mean that you like him making us shit?

Because I hope he can turn it around.

Even the first sentence is just regurgitated s***. Sick of reading this heart of a pea nonsense, especially when Samir Nasri is tearing us to f***ing shreds 12 hours earlier.

That side is full of mercenary c***s who genuinely look like they would die for the shirt, probably because they don't feel like their careers are being p*ssed away.

The end of last season proved that The City players have hearts the size of peas. However now they've got a new brilliant manager with a positive outlook and they're revitalised.

You may be right but we are only one game into the season and its far too early to judge. The sheer talent in their squad is mind boggling and they quite clearly have the weapons to win the league convincingly. But playing a side like us at home on a warm August night is certainly not a test of their heart.

Yes but coming off the back of last season what has changed? We have one new player! Aside from that it's the same manager, same players, same result and same performance.

My post was about Man City. I was simply saying that last night doesn't prove that last seasons "lack of heart" issues have vanished. I don't think it revealed much about Pellegrini either, although we now know he clearly isn't anti 4-4-2. 

Even the first sentence is just regurgitated s***. Sick of reading this heart of a pea nonsense, especially when Samir Nasri is tearing us to f***ing shreds 12 hours earlier.

That side is full of mercenary c***s who genuinely look like they would die for the shirt, probably because they don't feel like their careers are being p*ssed away.

The end of last season proved that The City players have hearts the size of peas. However now they've got a new brilliant manager with a positive outlook and they're revitalised.

You may be right but we are only one game into the season and its far too early to judge. The sheer talent in their squad is mind boggling and they quite clearly have the weapons to win the league convincingly. But playing a side like us at home on a warm August night is certainly not a test of their heart.

Yes but coming off the back of last season what has changed? We have one new player! Aside from that it's the same manager, same players, same result and same performance.

My post was about Man City. I was simply saying that last night doesn't prove that last seasons "lack of heart" issues have vanished. I don't think it revealed much about Pellegrini either, although we now know he clearly isn't anti 4-4-2.

Sorry, I read it as you quoting that post as part of a critique of Pardew. :thup:

Do people still think it was a great move to replace Nolan with Cabaye? Not saying either way here, just after opinions.

The problem with Nolan and his type is that you will at best be a mid-table side if you a side around them and play a long ball game. Granted with our manager that might be the sensible route rather than get relegated with technical players way above his head, but even after a poor season we will get £15m minimum for Cabaye. That's why Ashley isn't about to give up on buying honest players who will do a job. No big club will ever bid that sort of money for a Nolan.

The answer isn't to stop buying highly rated footballers, it's to hire a highly rated coach. We need to follow Spurs example not Stoke.

If (ha ha) Cabaye goes then I think we need to start playing Gosling.  A quality replacement ain't going to be coming thru the gates at SJP (and even if they do they'll hit a brick wall...boom boomb!) plus we'll be stuck with Pards for the foreseeable future.  Gosling would be more effective in the 'system' he uses plus has looked pretty decent in pre-season.  Could be like a new signing (tin hat donned).

If (ha ha) Cabaye goes then I think we need to start playing Gosling.  A quality replacement ain't going to be coming thru the gates at SJP (and even if they do they'll hit a brick wall...boom boomb!) plus we'll be stuck with Pards for the foreseeable future.  Gosling would be more effective in the 'system' he uses plus has looked pretty decent in pre-season.  Could be like a new signing (tin hat donned).

:lol:

End me, please end my life.

Gosling isn't going to play ahead of Sissoko, but ironically he would probably suit Pardew's understanding of football better.

Alan Pardew, August 12th after quotes from PSG boss Laurent Blanc about Yohan Cabaye were published:

“The (transfer) speculation about Cabaye is right. He’s a top player and I wouldn’t expect no less. It’s good for his confidence (to have clubs interested him).”

Alan Pardew, August 19th after a formal bid for Yohan Cabaye had been received from Arsenal and rejected:

"We were shown disrespect. The rights or wrongs of that bid I will leave others to think about, but I know what I think of it.

"To bid on the eve of a game was not necessary. They could have bid when this game was over and it would not have been any further down the line."

Far from boosting the player's confidence as Pardew had predicted, confirmation of a bid from Arsenal saw Cabaye fail to feature at the Etihad Stadium on Monday evening as wasn't in the right frame of mind to play.

The poor bairn.

Cabaye isn't the only other Premier League player to have been the subject of a transfer bid in recent days, but Manchester United's Wayne Rooney summoned up enough mental strength to play on Saturday, while Everton's in-demand duo Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini were able to cast their woes aside and put in full 90 minute shifts at the weekend.

Cabaye's eagerness to desert his colleagues does him no credit and is reminiscent of Michael Owen's reluctance to risk injury in the closing game of the 2008/09 season, having secured his lucrative switch to Old Trafford.

Quite what his pal Mathieu Debuchy makes of the whole affair remains to be seen, but having followed Cabaye to Tyneside barely eight months ago, the full back may well be pondering his own future.

It's also uncertain just how significant Yohan's loss is in terms of unsettling his fellow countrymen, although his compatriot Moussa Sissoko is claimed to be a more influential presence among the French contingent.   

Presumably the penny-pinching Magpies will be entitled to fine Cabaye his final week's wages for Monday's no-show, but our eagerness to do business and pull in a transfer fee (a hoped-for £20m) is the underlying story - never mind outlay on new players in this window, we're yet to recoup the cash reluctantly splashed back in January....

There's no secret to United's transfer policy and wage structure and those fans urging the club to "spend some f*cking money" on Monday night will be closer to seeing their wishes granted once Cabaye has been flogged.

After a summer of willing other clubs to splash the cash for our main asset and a raft of hopeful press links (PSG, Monaco, Manchester United, Spurs and Arsenal), the receipt of a bid is the first tangible sign of JFK actually doing what he's paid for, wheeling and dealing.

Having missed cashing in on either Cheick Tiote or Hatem Ben Arfa when they were at maximum value, there's a determination that this won't happen a third time.

Guest reefatoon

If Pardew is staying we need to start building a team at his level of management. 

what, bring in league 1 players?

If Pardew is staying we need to start building a team at his level of management. 

what, bring in league 1 players?

Gosling isn't the answer but there's truth in his general argument IMO.

Alan Pardew, August 12th after quotes from PSG boss Laurent Blanc about Yohan Cabaye were published:

“The (transfer) speculation about Cabaye is right. He’s a top player and I wouldn’t expect no less. It’s good for his confidence (to have clubs interested him).”

Alan Pardew, August 19th after a formal bid for Yohan Cabaye had been received from Arsenal and rejected:

"We were shown disrespect. The rights or wrongs of that bid I will leave others to think about, but I know what I think of it.

"To bid on the eve of a game was not necessary. They could have bid when this game was over and it would not have been any further down the line."

Far from boosting the player's confidence as Pardew had predicted, confirmation of a bid from Arsenal saw Cabaye fail to feature at the Etihad Stadium on Monday evening as wasn't in the right frame of mind to play.

The poor bairn.

Cabaye isn't the only other Premier League player to have been the subject of a transfer bid in recent days, but Manchester United's Wayne Rooney summoned up enough mental strength to play on Saturday, while Everton's in-demand duo Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini were able to cast their woes aside and put in full 90 minute shifts at the weekend.

Cabaye's eagerness to desert his colleagues does him no credit and is reminiscent of Michael Owen's reluctance to risk injury in the closing game of the 2008/09 season, having secured his lucrative switch to Old Trafford.

Quite what his pal Mathieu Debuchy makes of the whole affair remains to be seen, but having followed Cabaye to Tyneside barely eight months ago, the full back may well be pondering his own future.

It's also uncertain just how significant Yohan's loss is in terms of unsettling his fellow countrymen, although his compatriot Moussa Sissoko is claimed to be a more influential presence among the French contingent.   

Presumably the penny-pinching Magpies will be entitled to fine Cabaye his final week's wages for Monday's no-show, but our eagerness to do business and pull in a transfer fee (a hoped-for £20m) is the underlying story - never mind outlay on new players in this window, we're yet to recoup the cash reluctantly splashed back in January....

There's no secret to United's transfer policy and wage structure and those fans urging the club to "spend some f*cking money" on Monday night will be closer to seeing their wishes granted once Cabaye has been flogged.

After a summer of willing other clubs to splash the cash for our main asset and a raft of hopeful press links (PSG, Monaco, Manchester United, Spurs and Arsenal), the receipt of a bid is the first tangible sign of JFK actually doing what he's paid for, wheeling and dealing.

Having missed cashing in on either Cheick Tiote or Hatem Ben Arfa when they were at maximum value, there's a determination that this won't happen a third time.

:thup:

:lol: It is hilarious actually, he's waving his players around like they're cheap whores that he's hoping haven't been forgotten about one day, then a few days later he's kicking off because he doesn't like the timing of the interest or the size of the bid.  Maybe we wouldn't have teams bidding for our best players on matchday if you weren't always trying to flog them in public you fucking pleb.

Get French football saying there is a bigger fee for Arsenal than PSG :lol:

understandable we'd want Cabaye out of England and just want to charge Arsenal more for miserly bid in the first place

I doubt it matters to us where he goes, we're not in direct competition with any of the teams in our own league, for a start. We just can't compete.

SSN are saying a source high up at NUFC has said Cabaye wants to go to Arsenal but NUFC don't consider the bid as serious, it was purely to placate the Arsenal fans after Saturdays defeat.

I believe half of that.

SSN are saying a source high up at NUFC has said Cabaye wants to go to Arsenal but NUFC don't consider the bid as serious, it was purely to placate the Arsenal fans after Saturdays defeat.

I believe half of that.

5th place and Wenger sacked at the end of the season. Good move for Cabaye.

I believe half of that.

I actually could believe all of that, for one thing Midfield isn't Arsenals problem so why would they spend as much as we'd want for Cabaye on a position which they're fine in?