Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

A lot of his forward passing didn't come off but he was looking to take a more creative role. His interceptions and general work ethic are fucking invaluable, though.

Guest neesy111

absolutely dreadful today, just constantly gives the ball away and too often tries the inevitably failed hollywood ball.

What absolute tripe.

Guest Howaythetoon

He was much better today in a more advanced role and although some of his passing was astray I thought a lot of the time Ba in partiuclar struggled to read the ball which made some of his passes look bad. He puts a shift in mind doesn't he and for me I think that's not helping his game. I like him me though, he has a mixture of balls and class. Next season we'll see the best of him.

His pass into Ba's feet before Cisse's goal was crucial, like.

It's sharp, fast and early passing like that (and for HBA's goal against WBA) that can give your strikers that extra bit of time.

I don't think the likes of Guthrie or Jonas(when playing centrally) are capable of passing like that.

His awareness, work rate, vison, and general passing are a step above all our other midfielders.

Top player. Watch him play in a further matured team next season.  :aww:

The Cabaye I saw today was still too timid, uncertain, lacking in confidence and skill. He really messed up a through ball in the box in the Gallowgate end in the first half. He's running about 55%-60% of his natural ability just now, imho... :sadnod:

Some of his passing was excellent and could easily have paid off, he was playing the ball into space but our forwards had made a different run which was just bad luck.

Sensational off the ball today. Absolutely sensational. His closing down and chasing is so underrated. Should be captain while Coloccini is out. I hope he will have a purple patch in the last few games with some end product.

Agree with the notion that we will see the best of him next season.

Love the guy.

Sensational off the ball today. Absolutely sensational. His closing down and chasing is so underrated. Should be captain while Coloccini is out. I hope he will have a purple patch in the last few games with some end product.

Agree with the notion that we will see the best of him next season.

Love the guy.

I think him trying to adapt to playing in a 442 has taken the gloss off his game.

However it will obviously have conditioned him to the physicality and pace of the league, and next season he will have the perfect balance between playmaker and workhorse  :drool:

Fucking hell, I thought he was immense today, I click the thread with a smile on my face looking forward to some due praise and see that he was labelled dreadful :lol:

He's been class since Ba, HBA and Cisse have lined up together. He does the stuff that goes un-noticed, such as the perfectly weighted return pass for HBA last week when he scored. He did a couple of brilliant first time passes today as well. He's tenacious, works hard, and plays the simple ball a lot of the time. Granted, he played one or two totally mis-judged long balls today.

He's not a spectacular player, but he's class. Watching the match with my mate I said he was a candidate for MOTM. Dreadful :lol:

Love him, his work rate is truly sensational. Really shouldn't be underestimated how he never allows the other teams players time on the ball in midfield. Some class touches today as well, like the volley out to Ba and the ball to Ba for the second.

Love him, his work rate is truly sensational. Really shouldn't be underestimated how he never allows the other teams players time on the ball in midfield. Some class touches today as well, like the volley out to Ba and the ball to Ba for the second.

:thup:

He's pretty much been revitalised by the 4-3-3. What a difference a new (what now looks to be correct) system makes to a player - he certainly thrives in a three-man midfield.

On a sidenote, I still think that a Cabaye-Tiote CM partnership in a 4-4-2 could work - all what needs to be done is to tell Cabaye to push up and Tiote to stay deep/back. 

But, as it stands, the 4-3-3 is an absolute must.